ATTENTION: Because of international travel restrictions you must be living in the country of assignment at the time of your application. Please see requirements before applying.
City of Assignment: Amman
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promote the well-being of children, youth, women and men.
Oxfam has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To do so, Oxfam will ensure to recruit candidates who demonstrate the same values as the organisation and expects that everyone already working in the organisation shares and embody this commitment already.
Oxfam-Quebec is implementing its new volunteer cooperation program (VCP) entitled "Equality in Action" working in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative, and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in the 13 countries. Oxfam’s role is to support civil society organizations (CSOs) working with the most vulnerable and marginalized people to claim and exercise their rights. Oxfam puts women’s/girls’ rights at the heart of everything it does. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of the qualified volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
The VCP will be articulated within Oxfam's Country Strategy while ensuring compliance with Oxfam-Québec's contractual agreements with its donors.
In close collaboration with the Oxfam team members in the country of intervention, the volunteer cooperant will be responsible for:
· Work with the Phenix Center for Economics & Informatics Studies team to identify their advocacy capacity building needs.
· In consultation with the team, develop a plan to increase their capacity in integrating critical elements of feminist advocacy in all phases of knowledge production and social media campaign.
· Coordinate the implementation of the capacity building plan.
· Support the team with technical assistance to review advocacy material, researches, analysis and policy briefs to ensure they are gender sensitive and informed by a robust feminist analysis.
· Identify, record and disseminate lessons learnt.
· Share and embody Oxfam's commitment to a zero-tolerance policy for any behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, intimidation, lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
· Participate in development efforts in Canada during and after the mandate by contributing to the dissemination of the program, projects, partners, etc. through testimonials, life stories, photos, quotes, etc.
Be domiciled in Jordan and have:
Canadian citizenship or Canadian permanent resident status.
or citizenship of a country in the Middle East other than Jordan.
University-level degree in economics or gender studies.
At least 2 years’ experience.
Experience in research on decent work and gender issues.
Strong grounding in gender and women economic empowerment.
Experience in capacity building / teaching / knowledge sharing.
Proven track record of implemented advocacy campaigns.
Profressional profiency in English (mandatory) and Arabic (desirable)
Mastery of the Office suite
Experience in international development (an asset) • Adherence to Oxfam's mission and values, including the promotion of equality between women and men
Knowledge of the Middle Eastern culture and context (desirable).
- Living and housing allowances
- Medical and life insurance
- Volunteer Support Program
- Days off (20 days off/year for mandates of 12 months or more)
- Airline ticket home at the end of the mandate
- Access to various training courses
How to apply
We accept applications on a continuous basis. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected will be contacted.
It is also possible that the post is fulfilled before the deadline set. Therefore, please avoid waiting till the end of the post’s deadline to submit your application.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your application (CV and letter of interest) specifying the mandate/country for which you are applying in addition to your nationality to the email address email@example.com