Role of the Program Manager: The Program Manager will manage an international grant program to: 1) protect, empower and support the recovery of conflict-affected and at-risk individuals in Iraq through the provision of GBV, protection, and MHPSS services; 2) develop the capacity of service providers within national NGOs and CSOs; and 3) engage with men and boys to transform masculinities and reduce GBV. The Program Manager will be responsible for the successful attainment of goals, objectives and targets, ensuring the highest standards of quality. The Program Manager will plan, implement and evaluate the program; oversee all staff and activities; manage the budget; and carry out reporting and donor liaison. The Program Manager will work collaboratively with Program Directors, Program Managers, and SEED’s Technical Unit.
Program and Grant Management and Leadership (80%)
● Collaborate closely with the Director of Programs and other Program Managers on the full cycle of program management, including design, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
● Oversee implementation and administration of the program, setting program direction and ensuring that all activities are conducted in full compliance with donor regulations and SEED Foundation policies and procedures.
● Manage budget, prepare projections, review BVAs, and ensure timely and appropriate spending.
● Develop work plans and track progress on all program objectives, activities, and targets, ensuring program implementation is on time, progressing towards targets and within budget.
● Coordinate across technical, programmatic, operational and management teams to facilitate continuity and complementarity of programming.
● Identify challenges with implementation and make recommendations for course correction.
● Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners and consistent with SEED’s relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards, and strategic plan.
● Supervise, train and build the capacity of program staff, identifying capacity building needs and devising development plans for staff members.
● Conduct appraisals and provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
● Working closely with the MEAL Manager, develop and contribute to the creation of MEAL systems for programs and projects.
● Ensure that MEAL systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course corrections as necessary.
● Lead the drafting process of program reporting.
Communications, Coordination, and Organizational Representation (20%)
● Prepare program-related communications materials including flyers, social media posts, website content, awareness materials, etc.
● Identify, build and manage collaborative partnerships with other humanitarian partners, coordination bodies, local authorities and other stakeholders.
● Develop strategic partnerships and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs.
● Work closely with program partners.
● Degree in social work, psychology, international development, law, management, or other relevant area.
● At least five years of NGO program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and MEAL.
● Compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent leader
● Serve as a positive role model and SEED ambassador at all times.
● Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
● Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude
● Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
● Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills
● Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
● High standard of spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus
● Excellent computer skills
● Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
● Willingness to live in Kurdistan Region, Iraq
● Strong people and project management skills, strong leadership skills.
How to apply
● Send One PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com using “Program Manager" as the subject of your email.
● Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
● Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.