Desired start date: ASAP**
Duration of the mission:** 9 months (to be confirmed)
Location: Mueda, Mozambique
ABOUT THE MISSION...
Following the passage of Cyclone Idai, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL intervened in Mozambique in March 2019. After a few months and the end of the emergency phase, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL suspended its operations. Additional cyclones as well as the increase violence of armed groups claiming to be linked to IS have caused the displacement of nearly 700 people. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL have therefore decided in May 2021 to carry out an assessment in Cabo Delgado province and to reopen its mission.
For the opening phase, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is looking for a small team (a Field Coordinator, a Support Manager and a Program Manager) to open a base in Mueda district and implement a first UNICEF’s WASH project of 450 000 USD. The project aims at supporting IDPs and host communities affected by the conflict. It is articulated with two main axes of intervention, providing both lifesaving activities and sustainable WASH activities, guaranteeing an immediate response to most critical needs while ensuring a sustainable impact. The area of intervention covers Mueda and Nangade districts, in the north of Cabo Delgado Province. Emergency water treatment and supply (SWAT), emergency latrines support, provision of hygiene kits and hygiene promotion will be provided in transit centers whereas in relocation camps, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL will support access to safe water, improve sanitation, distribute hygiene kits and promote hygiene basic practices. Complementary projects, as well as other project targeting other district are under development.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Country Director for a region of a country. She/he proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensure its implementation. She/he checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures. She/he mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management. She/he coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Coordination and strategic orientation
- Relevance and operational quality / operation monitoring
- Resource mobilization and management
- Human resource management
- Security Management
- Internal and external communication
- Representation of the organization, with authorities, partners, donors etc…
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
With the support of a SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL’s representative in Maputo, the Field Coordinator‘s main priorities for the opening of the base are as it follows = >
- Obtain the authorizations to work in the province / district (credential), conclude the project MoU with provincial authorities, follow up the extension and renewal of the registration
- Ensure coordination with other actors and UNICEF, liaise with the donors
- Supervise the opening of the base in Mueda, with the support of the Support Manager : renting of an office, recruitment of the team
- Finalize the security pack, ensure its enforcement, build up a contact network to improve security and access, monitor the security environment (complex and unusual)
- Support the Program Manager in launching activities of the UNICEF project, contribute to develop and design new projects, in Mueda and other districts.
Education: Any generalist background with a high sensitivity on context analysis is welcome
- At least three years of experience as manager in humanitarian environments, including one year as Field Coordinator or similar position
- A significant experience of management, including of international staff is necessary
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams;
- Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation
- Experience on security management in complex environment
- Experience in Mozambique is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge on project management and PCM
- Technical experience in WASH, food, hygiene or shelter is an asset
- Training and capacity building skills
- MS office
Languages: Portuguese or Spanish and English are mandatory.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2600 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 2860 euros gross per month) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
LIVING CONDITIONS: Pemba was a touristic place. Living environment is quite nice, and the same comfort as in Europe can be enjoyed with the sea and the sun ! In the inland districts and rural areas, living conditions are however tougher. Frequent visits to Pemba (accessible in less than an hour by plane and 8 hours by car) will be required to ensure coordination with partners and links with the authorities
COVID 19 :
Solidarités International recommends vaccination against Covid-19, using WHO approved vaccines. If possible, the vaccination should be done before departure in order to reduce the logistical constraints once on the ground.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=64690. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/