Manage project camps graveling activities, effectively lead the field team and report on the project in line with the objectives, timeframe, and budget. Create effective means of documenting and arranging the project’s activities and tools. Day to day follow-up with the field team, by giving the required advisory required, and upholding the responsibility of motivating them. Correspond to the donor’s requirements.
S/he will work under the direction of the SHELTER/NFI Project Manager. S/he will be responsible for supporting the implementation of shelter activities in camps. S/he will provide the direct supervision of the implementation by providing all needed technical assistance and expertise with reference to shelter projects as well as field coordination, ensuring high quality and consistency of work.
- Support the Project Manager and partners in updating implementation plans, procurement plans, and MEAL plans.
- Support in developing any required BOQs and technical specifications needed.
- Working closely with the M&E team, review graveling beneficiaries’ lists, update and analyzing beneficiary database in collaboration with the Information management department.
- Provide ongoing, regular technical support to implementing partners and consultants to ensure that graveling activities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, following-up, and supervising WATANA’s shelter, CCCM, and activities in NWS.
- Supervise project team and consultants hired for the project, ensuring effective staff deployment, performance planning, and appraisals for supervisors.
- Provide technical guidance to WATAN's CCCM field staff.
- Working closely with the field teams inside Syria, to plan their visits, review, and follow on their findings and reports.
- Prepare a weekly report on finding issues and share it with the project manager
- Double-check final BoQs and verify the submitted quantity and cost.
- Prepare reports on a weekly basis to the line manager.
- Carry out any other duties as agreed with the line manager.
- Working in harmony with all other project staff and field teams for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the SHELTER activities.
- To ensure that work aims to meet Minimum Standards and adheres to global SHELTER standards such as sphere/WHO standards.
- Involve IDP, host community, and their representatives (block leaders) in the different stages of project activities, from planning to implementation and evaluation.
- Ensure that all data collection and progress monitoring tools are updated and data is verified.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent and/or minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience, preferably in the shelter with an International Non-Government Organization (INGO)
- Good understanding of Shelter and CCCM in activities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the importance of gender and participation in Humanitarian work.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is desired.
- Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations.
- Strong computer program skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent skills in contractor’s management.
- Candidate must be willing to travel and work in difficult conditions
- Committed to sharing skills with other staff and building up the capacity of staff.
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Remote management of programs
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient application**s**.**
How to apply
1- All interested candidates in the position who meet the requirements, please click on the link to apply:
2- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.