Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Financial Services Specialist, Timor-Leste
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Financial Services Specialist for an anticipated agriculture program in Timor Leste funded by USAID.
The Financial Services Specialist will be responsible for the design and implementation of innovative interventions to promote and enhance inclusive financial services. S/He will work closely with project staff, government, civil society, private sector counterparts, and beneficiaries to successfully implement activities and achieve desired results. The program is anticipated to start in late 2021 and this position is envisioned to be based in Dili, Timor-Leste.
- Form strategic partnerships with innovative financial service providers including, banks, microfinance institutions, and private sector investors, to expand the outreach of finance and investment opportunities to SMEs and anchor firms.
- Lead and design innovative financial solutions to increase private sector investment, including but not limited to financial products, public-private partnerships, risk-sharing instruments, and blended finance and/or other investment vehicles.
- Develop relationships with potential co-investors and industry partners; grow relationships into co-financing opportunities or additional capital to firms.
- Work closely with the private sector engagement lead to link firms to appropriate financial services to increase private investment in the agriculture products export sector.
- Support the increase of operational efficiency of financial institutions to offer tailored financial products to targeted SMEs and firms.
- In collaboration with the private sector engagement lead, advise SMEs and firms on available and appropriate financial products and services.
- Support and monitor pre-investment and post-investment technical assistance and monitor impact; identity, design, and recommend technical assistance to investees.
- Lead or support technical design and strategy to build financial institution's ability to increase financial inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as finance, economics, or business administration; MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant and progressive work experience in developing countries, preferably in the area of access to finance, and trade and investment.
- Ability to develop innovative and creative financing solutions to catalyze private capital.
- Experience providing advisory, mentoring, and capacity building services to financial institutions or financial intermediaries. Experience working directly with financial institutions or private sector investors in Timor-Leste is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations related to finance preferred.
- Proven awareness and consideration of youth, and marginalized populations, including women and girls, in financial planning and programming.
- Excellent communication skills for a wide audience of stakeholders.
- Experience working in Timor-Leste is required.
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in Portuguese is preferred.
Timor-Leste nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.