Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Agriculture Productivity Specialist, Timor-Leste
ACDI/VOCA is seeking an Agriculture Productivity Specialist for an anticipated agriculture program in Timor-Leste funded by USAID.
The Agriculture Productivity Specialist will conduct analyses of various agricultural value chains and tailor project interventions to changing dynamics on the ground. S/he will deliver technical assistance to program beneficiaries along various agricultural value chains in order to increase/improve their productivity. The program is anticipated to start in late 2021 and this position is envisioned to be based in Dili, Timor-Leste.
- Collaborate with producers to develop high value, market-oriented value chains
- Provide technical direction to agricultural productivity and value chain development activities
- Train entrepreneurs and SME owners in business start-up and expansion
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and oversight of annual work plans and strategies, ensuring that interventions respond to identified market opportunities and create sustainable development outcomes
- Provide input into the performance monitoring plan to measure success and validate causal model assumptions, and oversee the field-level data collection under the guidance of the M&E team
- Coordinate communications among various value chain actors to improve the flow of market information
- Liaise with identified partners and conduct meetings with public and private sector actors including end market users, processors, aggregators, buyers, investors, government representatives, and other NGOs
- Advanced degree in agriculture, or advanced degree in business administration, economics or other relevant field combined with relevant work experience in agriculture, market systems, value chains, etc.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience managing agricultural or cooperative development projects.
- Strong understanding of value chain analysis and development; knowledge of market systems development approaches preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including government officials, private sector actors, financial institutions, project staff, and/or donor agencies.
- Previous USAID-funded project experience strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
Timor-Leste nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.