Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Communications Specialist, Timor-Leste
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Communications Specialist for an anticipated agriculture program in Timor-Leste funded by USAID. The Activity is anticipated to start in 2021.
The Communications Specialist will work closely with the COP, technical leads and the cross-cutting team to design and lead the implementation of the communication and outreach strategy. The program is anticipated to start in late 2021 and this position is envisioned to be based in Dili, Timor-Leste.
- Develop and lead a detailed work plan for implementation of the program’s Communication and Outreach Strategy
- Work with staff and partners to develop content and messages for website and other media
- Train field staff on the use of media for message delivery
- Analyze and compile lessons learned as the basis for creating communications messages
- Identify advocacy strategies and develop appropriate mediums for advocacy messages
- Develop media campaigns
- Support grantees in developing appropriate outreach messages for communities and other forestry stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications or relevant technical area.
- At least five (5) years of experience in communications, preferably in Timor-Leste.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including private sector, financial institutions, government officials, project staff, and/or donor agencies.
- USAID experience is preferred.
- Experience working in Timor-Leste and/or an island nation preferred.
- Fluency in English required, Portuguese preferred.
Timor-Leste nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.