For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
From 2018 to 2020, MdM developed a pilot project entitled AYOS! (‘Let’s go!’). Through AYOS! MdM aimed to empower the community members of Barangay 775 in Manila city to become active agents of change and enable them to improve their own living conditions & environment, directly positively affecting their personal but also public health issues. At the beginning of 2021, MdM started the second phase of this program which aims now at covering the entire Zone 84 of Manila city, anticipated to run through to 2023.
In addition to this project, in July 2020, MdM started a new project focused on sexual and reproductive health and rights in partnership with Community and Family Services International (CFSI) (aged from 10 to 24) in Pasay city.
Considering the high frequency of natural hazard in the Philippines, MdM is also take part in early surveillance mechanisms, disaster risk reduction (DRR) and emergency preparedness clusters at country and provincial levels. In 2020, MdM implemented emergency response projects in Manila city to support communities affected by the lockdowns imposed to reduce the transmission of the Coronavirus, and also in Catanduanes Island following the devastating passage of Typhoon Rolly.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You work under the supervision of the desk officer in HQ Paris, have a strong link with the volunteer board delegates (co-responsible of the mission strategy) and liaise with all departments and services located at MdM HQ to ensure a smooth management of MdM mission in Philippines. You manage directly 2 project managers, 1 technical health advisor and 1 finance and administration manager.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Strategy and coordination
• Coordinate the country strategy revision/update on a yearly basis
• Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the country programs
• Ensure the compliance of all implemented activities and programs with MdM strategy
• Ensure good coordination between logistics, administration (finance and HR) and programme departments
• Explore, establish and maintain partnership relations and collaboration with civil society and local authorities and maintain strong relationships and close collaboration with implementing partners
• Participate in advocacy strategy and implementation
Management and HR
• Overall management and supervision of the entire mission
• Ensure that the mission organigram and allocation of human resources matches with the mission needs
• Ensure consistency with Philippines labour laws in all HR issues
• Ensure that appropriate human resources/legal issues, administrative, financial and logistics procedures are implemented and maintained in accordance with the MdM rules and guidelines
• Facilitate smooth communication between team members
• Responsible for the overall safety and security of MdM teams, sites and assets and ensure implementation of the procedures
• Conduct regular analysis of the context and security conditions
• Participate in relevant networks and clusters
Administration, finance and logistics
• Manage the administration and finance manager and the logistics coordinator
• Guarantee transparency of fund use and all programmatic expenditure
• Participate in the design and approval of new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and monthly budget follow up analysis
• Oversee compliance with and respect for agreements and contracts
• Ensure compliance with tax regulations and yearly audit recommendations if any
• Maintain high quality supply chain management
Reporting and communication
• Responsible for regular reporting on the mission activities and to HQ
• Prepare reports and proposals for donors
• Relay relevant information from HQ to the Philippines teams
Representation, fundraising and networking
• Develop a fundraising strategy and exploring funding opportunities
• Represent MdM to local authorities, donors, international organisations and local NGOs
• Carry out negotiations with the authorities at different levels and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with agreements and contracts
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Starting date: as soon as possible
Employement package - including salary and benefits - adapted according to the profile of the selected candidate (national or expat)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master’s degree level (international development, management, public health)
At least 2 years’ coordination experience in development/humanitarian context
Demonstrated team management and leadership skills
Excellent writing skills and experience in grant writing and/or reporting
Extensive experience in project cycle management, M&E mechanisms
Strong experience in community-based project design and management, ideally in urban settings
Experience with empowerment and gender-based approaches
Preferable experience in health sector, and especially community health
Specific experience in environmental health and/or sexual and reproductive health programming is a strong advantage
Ability to organise and manage priorities
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Strong problem solving and organisational skills
Languages: fluent in English, knowledge of French and/or Tagalog is an advantage
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JRyhKUni?idpartenaire=128