For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been operating in Myanmar since 1994. Its main programs deliver comprehensive harm reduction and HIV/AIDS prevention and care, focusing on the most vulnerable groups of drug users (Kachin State), sex workers and men having sex with men (Yangon area).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the desk manager in HQ, you ensure that the programs meet operational, administrative, financial, human, material and organisational objectives by coordinating and leading the team. You ensure the deployment of MdM frameworks, policies and procedures. You lead the implementation of MdM projects in the area by integrating them into a socio-political context. You develop and lead advocacy work and partnerships.
You manage a team of 5 expatriates, and more than 194 national staff and 120 community workers.
Your main responsibilities are:
Strategy management and coordination
- Coordinate the country strategy update
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the country programs
- Ensure the compliance of all implemented activities and programs with MdM strategy, principles and guidelines
- Ensure good coordination between logistics, administrative (finance and HR) and program departments in the coordination office as well as program sites
- Lead the country coordination team and play a leading role in the implementation of management procedures and decisions and in relaying HQ decisions and information
- Coordinate with HQ referent and support resources to ensure the qualitative program implementation in line with MdM values and principles
Team management and HR
- Manage and supervise the country coordination team
- Ensure, in collaboration with the HR coordinator, the mission organigram and allocation of human resources is matching with the mission needs
- Ensure that MdM is complying with all human resources legal requirements
- Facilitate smooth communication between team members and hold conflict management duties when needed
- Make sure that MdM Myanmar guidelines and procedures are in line with MdM France's ones and are updated regularly
- Ensure that appropriate logistics procedures are maintained
- Maintain high quality supply chain management
Administration and finance
- Guarantee transparency of fund use and all programmatic expenditure
- Give approval for expenses, based on donor procedures and MdM internal guidelines
- Participate in the design and approval of new budget proposals for donors, preparation of annual budgets and monthly budget follow-up analysis
- Oversee compliance with and respect for agreements and contracts
Relations with stakeholders
- Represent MdM in Myanmar towards all relevant stakeholders locally, nationally and internationally
- Work in close coordination with the desk officer, the communication department and advocacy advisor in HQ to ensure consistent and relevant external communication
- Inform HQ of MdM official positioning, ensure program visibility and consistency between MdM global and local positions
- Take part in meetings with authorities and donors and be responsible for the proper diffusion of MdM Myanmar mission strategy
- Ensure the compliance of all implemented activities and programs with donor guidelines
- Develop potential new partnerships with donors
- Be responsible for the overall safety and security of MdM teams, sites and assets in Myanmar
- Conduct regular analysis of the context and security conditions
- Ensure the implementation of security rules and procedures, including providing briefings about safety and security
Reporting and communication
- Be responsible for regular reporting by all Myanmar programs/staff
- Supervise the drafting of donor reports and of narrative, financial, intermediary and final reports
- Relay relevant information from HQ to Myanmar teams, organise consultations and provide feedback
- Manage media relationships for the overall mission in coordination with desk officer and communications department
- Liaise with desk officer, RM and technical/thematic referent for regular updates regarding the mission
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary 3 412 euros
Based in Yangoon with regular field visits
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master’s degree level and public health background or medical background is a plus
At least 5 years’ coordination experience in development/humanitarian context
Experience in human rights and/or HIV/harm reduction related interventions is a strong asset
Experience with global fund and/or USAID funds is a strong asset
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Ability to cope with last minute changes and solution oriented
Listening and diplomacy skills
Capacity to work and to live in a multicultural environment
Extensive experience in project cycle management, M&E mechanisms
Team manager with a strong leadership
Experience in advocacy, supporting policy changes
Experience in leading organisational changes, transition processes
Experience in partnership development with local authorities
Knowledge of Myanmar/Asian region environment a strong asset
Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) is mandatory
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JTaAtFFx?idpartenaire=128