Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people (2019).
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programmes and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and child rights.
Terre des Hommes Italia works in Lebanon since 2006. Since then, it has implemented several educational, protection and livelihood interventions in the most deprived areas of the country and in the Palestinian refugee camps.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, Terre des Hommes has provided support to the Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for a shelter in Lebanon, thanks to the support various donors (EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, OCHA Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo-AICS).
Within this context TDH It is looking for a Head of Admin and Finance Department to join our team in Lebanon with the purpose of managing the accounting of education/PSS interventions funded by private and institutional donors and to support the consolidation of Terre des Hommes Delegation in the Country.
Position: Head of Admin and Finance Department - Reports to the Country Admin/the Country Delegate
Starting date: June 2021
Duration: 7 months with a 2-months’ probation, renewable
Duty station: Lebanon (Beirut, with frequent field visits to North Bekaa and Mount Lebanon)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Responsible of the relationship between the Delegation Admin and Finance Department and the other Departments/offices/Programs
· Overall supervision of the correct planning and implementation of financial, procurement and budgetary procedures in line with Terre des Hommes Italia standards and procedures
· Management of the Delegation accounting system
· Follow up of the Delegation budget and quarterly revision of expenses and forecast, including timely sharing with the Country Delegate and the Desk Officer of any delays/changes incurred
· Monthly monitoring of Delegation cash-flow and bank/cash reconciliations of the three TDH offices in the Country to be timely updated on the accounting system
· Monthly check of the correct attribution of expenses according to TDH “cost-sharing” approach and of expenses done in Italy
· Coordination and supervision of financial audits and/or other financial control mechanisms implemented by donors, local authorities, HQ due within the programs/country offices
· Final revision of interim and final financial draft reports of all TDH projects/programs according to the donors’ procedures
· Coordination and supervision of TDH Finance and Admin staff (including supervision of data entry in the accounting software, training, and supervision of staff responsible of the data entry)
· Supporting TDH nationalization strategy through capacity building of the national staff on financial and accounting issues/tools/procedures
· Verify that procurements are implemented in line with TDH overall and country procedures and standards
· Support TDH Country Admin and Country Delegate in the monitoring and supervision of applicable procedures in line with TDH and donors’ standards (incl. market research, purchasing procedures, formulation of contracts and reporting, etc.)
· In coordination with the Program Managers and upon approval of the Country Delegate, preparation and follow up of the requests for waiver addressed to TDH HQ when necessary
· In coordination with Line Managers, supervise TDH bank accounts, signatories and documents to be submitted to relevant authorities as per National rules and regulations
· Strong coordination with other admin and finance officers and other TDH offices in Country
· Contribute to support TDH Delegate and Program Managers in the financial planning of the activities of the Foundation in the Country, in reporting accordingly (initial planning, mid-year reviews, final reporting) and in supervising the implementation of the related budgets
· Supervise the preparation of financial monthly forecast of the different budgets
· Participation to the development of the Admin and Procedural tools at Delegation level, as required
· Carry out random spot-checks on TDH Italy’s projects/programs according to a calendar agreed upon with Line Managers
· Manage the cash flow between the Delegation and the HQ, with specific regard to OH, HQ costs, transfers to/from the Delegation, VAT, either through existing tools or through the development of new one as needed.
· Other tasks upon request of the Line Managers
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
· Strong commitment to the aims, principles, and values of TDH IT
· Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information
· Bachelor’s degree, and preferably post-graduate university degree in Business and Administration or alike
· Perfect acquaintance with main donors (ECHO-UN-EU- Italian Cooperation) procedures
· At least 7 years of experience as administrator in an NGO, of which at least 5 spent abroad and 3 in a senior managerial position; previous experience in Middle East is a strong asset
· Sound experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and grant management
· Proven experience with using financial or accounting software and sound knowledge of double entry accounting
· Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Excellent ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
· Previous proven experience in developing a team, and ability to lead, motivate and develop others’ skills
· High level interpersonal and cross-cultural oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders and to work as part of a team
· Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset; knowledge of Italian is a plus
· Excellent organizational and reporting skills, precision, rapidity, dependability, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
· High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability
· Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Salary according to experience and TDH IT salary scale. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
Only applications from holders of passports allowing easy entry into the Country will be considered.
How to apply
· Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to email@example.com quoting in the object of the email the reference Leb 02/2021
· Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
· The deadline for receiving applications is the 16th of May 2021. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
· We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified