· Engage with Heads of Units to understand and ensure alignment of digital solutions with changing business requirements and priorities.
· Maintain engagement with the business throughout the development, deployment and implementation processes, ensuring that they are informed of progress and outstanding actions.
· Propose change and continuous operational improvement that supports business capabilities, by understanding needs and recommending solutions that deliver value for business priorities.
· Support coordination with Government and Partners on technical and digital activities and coordinate with other UN agencies in order to align activities and maximize possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and TC.
· Oversee Foundational ICT Services, identifying and implementing innovative solutions for challenges faced by colleagues, ensuring the provision of an efficient operation.
· Contribute to the development of plans and budgets and manage the deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
· Monitor and maintain IT/TC systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
· Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; contribute to technology upgrades as required.
· Contribute to technical specifications and tender documents that support the procurement of IT/TC equipment and services at minimum cost, in line with WFP rules and regulations.
· Collate and analyze data to contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC activities, investments and costs, identifying ideas to increase cost-efficiencies where possible.
· Facilitate and track compliance with global IT standards, including but not limited to actions related to cybersecurity, infrastructure, data center procedures, and asset management.
· Provide advice to managers and users, understanding and resolving issues, and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
· Manage and motivate a team of staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance.
· Contribute to the capability building of staff through the review and/or design of appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and Telecommunications.
· Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
· Contribute to the preparation of operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
Other as required.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
- Internal WFP staff can access the VA through the internal WFP CAREER page via the link: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
- External applicants are kindly requested to follow the link: https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=142085&_ga=2.155528061.73476425.1620158839-1859368240.1620158839
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and to attach your updated CV in English.
- Join WFP to be part of saving lives and changing lives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rFCbNDXiw&feature=youtu.behttp://ar.wfp.org/videos/recruitment-video-ar
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.