Who We Are
Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace around the world. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing, and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts around the world. Together we tackle the toughest problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world. (To learn more about USIP programs and job openings, go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front-row seat on the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
The Research and Communications (R&C) Analyst will support USIP’s Pakistan Program to enhance and expand its research and communications activities. This is a full-time local position based in Islamabad and reports to the Pakistan Country Director and will work closely with other members of the Pakistan team in Islamabad and Washington DC.
This is a Personal Services Contractor position.
- Coordinate and manage research activities across all USIP programs in Pakistan.
- Provide outreach to academic and research communities across Pakistan with the purpose of soliciting ideas for research projects within USIP’s mandate.
- Coordinate with relevant colleagues in Washington DC for the review and approval of research projects.
- Support the Asia Center Washington DC-based Program Officer for Research and Publications in the review and publication process of Pakistan research papers.
- Support USIP staff in the drafting of USIP Analysis & Commentary and blog pieces for the USIP website.
- Conduct desk-based research as needed for USIP special reports and research publications in other formats.
- In coordination with relevant program staff, organize events, roundtables, and learning exchanges with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee and support USIP’s social media engagement for the Pakistan Program including curating content for social media and the USIP website.
- Coordinate the development of quarterly/annual program reports with staff in Islamabad and head office.
- Provide note-taking and prepare the summary of discussion sessions and event reports.
- Assist in the development of funding concept notes and proposals.
- Support the Pakistan Country Director in developing presentations for briefings and other representation.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, political science, international relations, or conflict resolution and peacebuilding
- Coursework in research and communications, including mixed methods research
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar position related to research and/or communications, preferably for a research organization, academia, NGO or think tank.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Good understanding of Pakistan’s academic and research landscape, including knowledge of Pakistani academics and researchers working abroad in the US, UK, and Europe.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary requirements.
- Cover letter
For questions about this position please email email@example.com. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: