All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the HR & Administration Manager is to be responsible that the HR and Administration systems are according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Implement NRC’s HR and admin systems and procedures
Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
Ensure compliance with the local labor law
Training, support, control and development of HR teams
Support and train of all staff with Senior Management Team and line managers such as HR processes and personnel cases.
Management of the HR and Administration team
Provide regular HR analysis and reports
Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Advice and guide on recruitment, induction, staff development, performance management, reward etc.
- Responsible for initiating, develop and implement the strategic HR ambition such as Work force planning
- Responsible to provide strategic inputs in the development of NRC Myanmar strategy
- Lead the roll out of the HRMIS System in Myanmar
- HR focal point for handling HR related investigations on breaches of Code of Conduct
- Coordinate with relevant authorities and partners (Social Security Organization, Medical/Health insurance company, Ministry of Labor, Legal Advisor)
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1.Professional competencies These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as HR Manager
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Proven knowledge and skills related to Human Resources and Administration in Myanmar context and Myanmar Laws
- Proven expertise in Performance management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Communicating with impact and respect
Duty Station: Yangon
Salary and Benefits: Based on the NRC Salary Scale
Duration: 12 Months renewable based on funding and performance
This position is open to Nationals only
How to apply
To apply, interested candidates are directed to use the link below