Médecins Sans Frontières, an international humanitarian medical association founded in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose lives are threatened, mainly in the event of armed conflict, but also in epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters or even exclusion from care. The French section is present in about thirty countries.
As part of the response to the worldwide COVID-19 epidemic, we are looking for: Doctors for COVID-19 operations worldwide
Please pass on this requirement to your professional network, to potentially interested and available colleagues.
Faced with the spread of the COVID-19 epidemic throughout the world, and while the health system is strengthening its capacity to prevent and treat cases, Médecins Sans Frontières is setting up activities to improve detection and management of COVID-19 cases, and even prevention through vaccination.
Currently we are working in Yemen, Peru, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Brazil, Mali, Lebanon and Iraq. Depending on how the epidemic and the health needs identified evolve, MSF will adapt its activities and deploy missions in other countries. **
The doctor manages patients requiring oxygen therapy by implementing management protocols adapted to the clinical condition of the patients and the context of the intervention.
Providing medical care, mainly to hospitalised patients and emergency patients (but also, depending on the context, on an outpatient basis), in accordance with appropriate and up-to-date medical knowledge, protocols, values and MSF universal hygiene criteria in order to improve the state of health of patients and beneficiaries, and at a minimum:
· diagnosis and prevention: outpatient and inpatient consultations and prescription of the necessary treatment in accordance with MSF protocols.
· Informing patients and their families about their illness and giving the necessary explanations about the treatment to be followed, making sure that this has been understood.
· Monitoring the progress of patients under care, with daily visits, consultations and examinations, and decisions on discharge or transfer to another department.
· Supervision of the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and monitoring of the quality, disinfection and sterilisation of medical equipment (general compliance with the usual hygiene criteria).
· Ongoing training of the multidisciplinary medical and healthcare team in order to optimise the quality of care.
These activities may evolve according to the different positions needed to take care of the beneficiaries.
You may be deployed to mobile clinics, hospitals or other health facilities depending on MSF projects.
General practitioner diploma.
Or degree in internal medicine, anaesthetist/resuscitator, ICU, pneumologist, emergency doctor.
Hospital experience in a medical department mandatory.
Good practice in the management of COVID-19 patients on oxygen support (or other hypoxic patients).
Language: English level B1 minimum required.
French, or Spanish, or Portuguese (B1 minimum) is a plus.
Ability to work independently
Ability to work in a tense and unstable security environment
Innovation, source of proposals, ability to take initiative
Ability to work as part of a team, interpersonal skills, training and supervising other health professionals
Organisational skills, anticipation and planning skills
Flexibility and adaptability
Resistance to stress
Status: Volunteer status (allowance of €1,134 per month) or fixed-term contract (depending on previous experience in NGOs).
Duration: Minimum 3 months availability for general practitioners, ideally 6-7 months.
Minimum 2 months availability for other specialities.
Full coverage by MSF: Transport, accommodation, food and other expenses + monthly field per diem for living expenses.
Pension contribution. Full medical care: mutual health insurance/vaccinations/evacuation if necessary. Insurance.
How to apply
Please send your application (cover letter/CV/Diplomas) until 30 September 2021 inclusive to
Only those candidates whose applications are selected will be contacted.