Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
The Program Accountant provides timely, collaborative, service-oriented support to program staff on all financial matters relevant to program implementation, including supporting all stages of program development and implementation from proposal budget preparation; on-going budget and expense reporting, tracking budgets to results, accruals and projections; to a program’s financial close-out, while keeping the program compliant with funder requirements and IRI policies.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and results-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to work individually and on a team. This person will have experience managing deadlines and prioritizing various daily/weekly/monthly tasks while handling one-time short term or unexpected requests. Attention to detail is critical to this position. The candidate must be willing to learn software, systems, and processes and to take the initiative to understand, create, and refine best practices.
- Bachelors in accounting, finance or business administration.
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting role.
- Fluency in one or more languages used by the international development community. Russian language skills strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal government circulars 2 CFR 200 (OMB A-110, A-122 and A-133).
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to travel independently in new environments
Ability to prioritize various daily/weekly/monthly tasks and projects while working in a challenging environment
Knowledge of electronic systems (JAMIS Prime, CostPoint or similar accounting software).
Innovative, creative, enthusiastic approach.
Ability to be detail-orientated and highly organized
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Supports program staff with management and analysis of financials relevant to all grants within a portfolio, including proactive oversight and analysis of budgets, expenditures (including procurement), accruals, pipelines, cost projections, and allocations, to ensure fulfillment of each grant’s objectives and compliance with funder regulations, IRI policies.
- Supports proposal budget preparation, working with program and business development teams.
- Participates in program kick-off, on-going program implementation review, and close-out.
- Oversees the preparation of all financial reports required by funders and/or IRI management.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of funder’s and IRI’s financial policies and procedures and serving as a resource for program teams.
- Reviews and processes expense submissions/reconciliations, and processes field office payments for the candidate’s assigned portfolio.
- Maintains knowledge of IRI program implementation in a respective division.
- Establishes, maintains, and develops productive working relationship with expatriate staff, local/field/project accountants, DC program and Program Services colleagues.
- Troubleshoots accounting problems; identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Assists with annual, funders’ and program audit preparation.
- Travels to field offices as needed to perform financial reviews and monitor internal controls.
- Performs other accounting tasks as assigned or deemed necessary.
How to apply
Successful candidate can submit their resume and cover letter to: Program Accountant - Europe, Eurasia & Transatlantic | Job Opportunities (ultipro.com)