Presentation of the project
The project will last 12 months, starting mid-April 2021 in the area of Um Dukhun, Central Darfur. It will target at least 1,300 rural households and will contribute:
- To support food security and diversification through the distribution of improved cereal seeds as well as varied vegetable seeds for the winter season and the organization of fairs for the distribution of agricultural inputs
- To develop new sources of income through the creation and support of women in income-generating activities.
- To consolidate agricultural production capacities through training on cultivation techniques and the propagation of distributed seeds.
- Support gum Arabica producers to improve their production and access to markets through formation of producer associations
- To enhance capacity of affected vulnerable communities on disaster preparedness inclucing identification of risks and development of community-based mitigation measures.
Under the direct responsibility of the Head of Programs, the Project Manager is in charge of the overall implementation of the activities of the project, in close collaboration of HQ FSL Technical Department. The position includes, among other responsibilities, human resources management, internal and external coordination, reporting, planning of activities and purchases.
The main responsibilities include:
- She/he ensures the proper implementation, supervision, monitoring, reporting of the different components of the project.
- She/he is in charge of managing the HR dedicated to the project.
Project Knowledge Creation
- She/he contributes to the project knowledge creation through the writing of activity sheets, design of relevant documentations, with the support of FSL Technical Department and Head of Programs
- She/he carries out regular analysis of the relevance of the project scheme and suggests adaptation when needed.
Logistics and administration
- She/he makes sure that logistical, administrative and financial procedures linked to the project implementation are established accordingly with TGH and donor’s procedures and alerts her/his superiors if gaps are observed so that corrective action may be taken.
- She/ he anticipates the Logistics (procurements; purchase, vehicles, etc.), Administrative and Financial needs related to the project (recruitments, payments, cash requests, etc.) related to the project.
- She/he participates in by weekly Programs Coordination meetings as connectivity allows, and communicates regularly with the Head of Programs.
- She/he communicates with HQ technical advisor on the project evolution, the technical problems faced, the potential risks and proposes solutions.
- She/he contributes to the Internal Coordination Report writing the part dedicated to the project.
- She/he is involved in providing relevant communication on the project (pictures, video, success stories etc.)
Representation and external coordination
- She/he represents the association as required with donors, partners, local authorities and stakeholders involved in the implementation of the project.
- She/he especially maintains good relationship with other UN and NGO actors.
- She/he ensures regular presence in UN-led Food Security and Livelihoods clusters
- She/he is involved in the recruitment of the operational team under her/his management.
- She/he ensures that the administrative HR management of her/his team (daily attendance, leaves management) in collaboration with the HR department.
- She/he ensures that her/his team complies with TGH internal rules (disciplinary management when needed).
- She / He assures the management of the project team including staff appraisals, follow-up of set objectives and capacity building.
Reporting and MEAL
- She/he writes donor narrative reports and internal reports (TGH internal reports and consortium related reports).
- She / he is responsible of the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) of the project. She / He develops relevant tools (quantitative and qualitative surveys, post distribution monitoring,…) to monitor the progress and the quality of the project. She / he compiles and analyses the data and elaborates reports.
- She / He updates the Monthly Follow Up tool, submits within agreed timeframe monthly, and adapts it if necessary.
- She/he contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to the field coordinator.
- She/he participates/organizes need assessments according to the needs and mission strategy discussed with headquarters
- She/he contributes to the development of new interventions based on identified needs, particularly linked to the FSL sectors and areas of the projects.
- She/he analyzes, collects relevant information linked to the FSL situation in the country and identifies key trends in collaboration with her/his colleagues and Head of Programs.
- She/he meets with potential local partners (NGOs).
This list of responsibilities could be modified according to the needs in the field.
Educational background and experiences
- Postgraduate diploma in agriculture, agronomy, agricultural development or related field compulsory
- Experience in conflict area / post-emergency contexts desired
- Ability to organize your work remotely, as due to the security context there are times when field visits are not possible
- Ability to work in remote / isolated area
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
- Experience and willingness to work in complex and volatile environments
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of project cycle management and tools
- Management skills
- Skills in transfer of competences and capacity building
- Fluent English and French mandatory (oral and written)
- Arabic speaking is a strong asset
- Computer skills (including Excel and Word)
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Autonomy and sense of team working
- Pro activity and flexibility
Country: Sudan - The position is currently based in Zalingei (Darfur) with field visits to Um Dukhun as the security situation allows, and with regular trips to Khartoum
Duration: 12 months, from April 2021
Place in the org. Chart: Under the direct responsibility of Head of Programs
Conditions: Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €1’900 to €2’600 depending on experience, monthly per diem 600 euros, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Amandine RUINART, HR officer :