General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Reporting to the HR Officer, the HR/Admin Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the HR team. The job will involve all aspects of HR such as recruitment, staffing, training, contracts, payroll, leave, performance & development, maintenance of records etc. This position demands excellent HR knowledge and strong organisational skills. The incumbent must have good management, interpersonal and organisational skill and the ability to report accurately.
The HR & Admin assistant performs a wide range of duties including some of the following:
- Supporting the HRO for the day to day running of the base HR.
- Maintain the HR Department’s filing system and ensure that all personnel files are up to date and complete.
- Provide reports to the HRO on a regular basis to agreed format.
- Follow up with all tasks assigned by HRO.
Ensure all staff have up to date contracts.
Ensure all staff whose contracts are not going to be renewed are informed at least one month prior to the end of their current contract.
Ensure staff whose contracts are to be renewed are informed in writing prior to the end of their current contract.
Ensure all contract terminations are appropriately documented and all owed monies are paid to the departing staff member.
- Maintain leave plan for all local staff and update monthly.
- In consultation with line managers, ensure that there is cover for staff going on leave.
- Keep paper and soft copies of all approved leave requests.
- Keep track of issues in GOAL Offices relevant to HR such as the introduction of new policies.
- Ensure HRO is informed about any HR issues.
- Ensure all staff have a valid Goal ID card.
- Ensure that all employees personnel files are UpToDate.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Good level spoken and written English and fluent in written and spoken Arabic.
- Previous experience working in a HR role would be an advantage.
- Syrian with previous working experience in Syria
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- supervisory skills, Team building skills, Problem solving skills, basic counselling skills, and negotiations skills.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Application deadline is:11th May 2021 .
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform email@example.com with the details immediately.
"يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عن طريق ارسال رساله الكترونيه الى firstname.lastname@example.org و الافصاح عن جميع بالتفاصيل على الفور.