Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, Guatemala National Institutional Strengthening, Guatemala City, Guatemala
The purpose of the National Institutions Strengthening Project, (NIS Project), is to support the Government of Guatemala's (GOG) reform efforts to create an effective and transparent public financial management system (PFM) that will enable enhanced governance by reducing opportunities for corruption in Guatemala and will result in improved public service delivery as a deterrent of irregular migration. The project will address four principal objectives, including:
- Improved GOG budget planning, preparation, and reporting.
- Improved GOG public expenditure management.
- Increased GOG domestic revenue mobilization capacity.
- Increased oversight, fiscal transparency, accountability, and public-private dialogue of GOG PFM.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) functions are cross-cutting and are intended to support complexity awareness and adaptive management over the course of project implementation
**Please note: Only Guatemalan citizens are eligible for this position
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and leading all MEL activities. The position reports to the Chief of Party and will serve as the point person for all data collection and reporting. This is expected to be a full-time position on a four-year project, with an anticipated start on or after August 1, 2021.
- Develop and maintain the performance tracking systems.
- Collaborate with staff and implementing partners on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of projects activities, effects and impacts.
- Lead the collection of data on the progress indicators and coordinate with other key staff to document outcomes and results in accordance with the PMP.
- Guide the process of designing and preparing progress and performance reports.
- Review and analyze monitoring progress reports to identify potential issues in project implementation and make necessary adaptations.
- Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholders' groups in the M&E of activities.
- Guide regular sharing of relevant and timely information, outputs and outcomes with senior management, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Identify lessons learned and implications for the project's next steps.
- Manage data and indicator representation in the annual and periodic reporting documents.
- Other duties as necessary and appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on research in a relevant field, such as social sciences, statistics, or planning required, master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in project monitoring and evaluation, research and survey implementation on donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience taking critical inputs, feedback and assessments from within the project and external partners to inform changes in project approaches.
- Working knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in project coordination and report writing.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience designing, adapting & applying M&E systems for USAID projects preferred.
- Experience in the governance sector advantageous.
- The ability to travel if required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website,