Chemonics seeks an Objective 3 lead – Regional Energy Trade for the USAID Southeast Asia Smart Power Program (SEA SPP) proposal. The purpose of the activity is to advance economic growth and development in Southeast Asia through ensuring secure and market-driven energy sectors. SEA SPP will focus on three objectives:
- Improve performance of energy utilities
- Increase deployment of advanced energy systems
- Enhance energy trade and integration
The project will be based in Bangkok, Thailand. We are looking for a highly capable professional with proven management skills, power investment development knowledge and work experience in Southeast Asia. The ideal candidate will have more than 7 years relevant experience, a desire to advance to facilitate investment in clean energy systems, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, strategic direction, technical expertise, and oversee implementation of all tasks under Objective 3 to enhance regional energy trade in close coordination with USAID and other donor activities under the direct supervision of the chief of party
- Lead regional and in-country activities, as applicable, to increase regional power trade in Southeast Asia by enhancing the integration of variable renewable energy across the region, improving the reliability of power systems through access to ancillary services and larger system balancing areas, and increase the pool of electricity purchasing options to drive down prices
- Catalyze the strategic use of and a regional market for natural gas (domestic and imported) to accelerate the adoption of variable renewable energy resources
- Support the development of a technical studies, long term planning, guidelines development, training, and provide advice to host country governments to understand and encourage the strategic and best value use of natural gas in the region
- Advanced degree in relevant field such as engineering, energy policy, business/finance, or another relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the energy sector
- Experience with natural gas markets, competitive electricity procurement
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, and bilateral
- Experience serving as a liaison to government officials, donor organizations, and private sector companies
- Familiarity with the energy sector of Southeast Asia, including its key energy enterprises and reforms
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to SEA-SPPRecruit@chemonics.com. Deadline for submission is May 17, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.