PFSCM strengthens, develops, and manages secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable global supply chains to improve the health and well-being of people in low- and middle-income countries through increased access to quality and affordable health products. We help governments, non-profit organizations, and humanitarian agencies to achieve their public health goals through cost-saving procurement, efficient logistics, pharma-grade storage, last-mile delivery solutions, and real-time data tracking. PFSCM demonstrates its commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence by upholding an ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management System that underpins all our processes, systems, and services.
PFSCM is a subsidiary of one of the leading international health consultancy organizations in the US — JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI). In addition to our project management headquarters in Washington D.C., in the U.S., and our operational facility in Woerden, in the Netherlands, we have access to 50 other JSI offices around the world.
Within PFSCM’s global structure, approximately 90 seconded staff members from more than 35 countries contribute to the impact achieved through PFSCM’s services. PFSCM’s diversity of thought and culture allows us to engage fully with our clients and each other. We believe we can achieve our mission by upholding our purpose- and results-driven cultural style. We do this by creating an environment where staff can demonstrate our cultural values of collaboration, learning, proactivity, problem solving, and outcome orientation on a daily basis.
The Senior Procurement & Product Specialist is expected to serve as the procurement and order fulfillment expert for assigned product category within the Client Services Unit and utilize vendor technical expertise for various pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical products. The Senior Specialist is responsible for managing the smooth procurement or ordering processes of quality-assured, health-related commodities. The Senior Specialist is expected to ensure compliance with PFSCM, funder, and/or client requirements and is expected to define corrective actions in cases of irregularities.
The Senior Procurement & Product Specialist is responsible to manage the smooth implementation of daily ordering and procurement operations. The Senior Specialist is the funders/clients and vendor’s point of contact for order and related communications and is expected to provide customer service excellence to all stakeholders, including other product category teams. The Senior Specialist is expected to provide regular status updates on orders and address questions, concerns, and/or change requests that the client or principal recipient may have in coordination with the Client Services and Strategic Supply Chain Units, project director, and other stakeholders as needed.
The Senior Client Services & Procurement Specialist is also responsible for maintaining data accuracy from the point of requisition to the point of purchase order confirmation from the vendor; and for working with the Strategic Supply Chain and Logistics Units to ensure the supply chain is established and executed to PFSCM and the funder/client’s key performance indicators (KPIs). PFSCM order fulfillment and procurement activities are carried out as per standard operating procedures (SOPs), either in-house SOPs and/or those determined by the funder or client.
The Senior Client Services & Procurement Specialist is additionally responsible to carry out duties that focus on public health and developing countries. This position acts as a mentor and supply chain knowledge expert to improve overall staff level of performance in colloboration with the Category Manager.
Procurement and Order Administration:
· Act as a commodity category lead, as requested, to ensure that all commodities ordered meet the funder/client’s procurement and quality policy on product, availability, and other product’s quality consideration.
· Provide product specific knowledge and act as first line support to the team regarding questions of product eligibility and coordinate with Strategy Sourcing and Quality Assurance teams as needed.
· Manage the timely procurement and order fulfillment processes, as appropriate per project or category, including screening, developing price estimates, and purchase orders.
· Proactively identify issues with day-to-day procurement and ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed.
· Coordinate and monitor operational order management with vendors, including responsiveness to quotations, and contribute to the continuous review of vendor’s operational order management performance.
· Lead the troubleshooting of procurement and/or order-related challenges define and implement corrective action in case of irregularities working closely with the Category Lead.
· Act as a liaison with the Strategic Supply Chain, Client Services, and Logistics Units to ensure smooth progression of required changes to orders.
· Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in procurement processes and policies to better meet client expectations and streamline the team’s workload.
· Lead and/or coordinate team functions and performance as required.
Client Relationship Management:
· Provide proactive customer service while acting as primary point of contact for procurement and order fulfillment, including request for quotations with the client, principal recipients, vendors and other stakeholders.
· Work collaboratively with the vendors, funder/client, internal and external units, and partner organisations on procurement and order fulfillment issues.
· Ensure orders are proactively managed with the vendors, inlcuding timely confirmation.
· Proactively identify procurement or order fulfillment activities potentially impacting PFSCM’s and/or the project’s ability to perform its duties and advise the necessary stakeholders.
· Handle procurement and/or order fulfillment related incidents; log incidents into PFSCM Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
· Maintain system-related changes required on requisitions, price quotes and/or purchase orders throughout the procurement or order fulfillment process in coordination with funder/client and/ or Sourcing & Procurement, Client Services & Procurement, and Logistics Specialists.
· Maintain and update ERP system at an order level to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
· Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures, identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and provide backup coverage as needed.
· Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical
· Seek and identify opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities.
· Create and contribute to the development of work-instructions and standard operating procedures.
· Document and share all relevant information concerning procurement knowledge.
· Oversee day to day execution and act as an escalation point for exceptions for the client services & procurement specialists within the category; coach and mentor team members and support team member development and training in good procurement practice.
· Act as the subject matter expert by developing and sharing procurement knowledge.
· Lead the RFI and RFP responses, as requested.
· Manage projects as needed to enhance operational work flows and procurement/order fulfillment.
Professional and Technical Knowledge
· Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
· 6+years’ procurement experience with rapid diagnostic or medical equipment commodities is required.
· Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
· Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
· Project management experience.
· Experience in the international and/or pharmaceuticals sector is a plus.
· Experience in the international, public health sector is preferred.
· Previous experience working with international donor agencies is preferred.
· Experience working in a developing country is a plus.
· Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferably advanced user level of Excel.
· Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed.
· Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
· Fluency in English is required, other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese) a plus.
· Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
· Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and change management activities.
Priority Setting, Problem Solving, & Detail Orientation
· Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize effectively while delivering high quality work, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
· Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
· Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
How to apply
Please apply directly through the JSI website,