Desired start date: 09/06/2021
Duration of the mission: 6 months
ABOUT THE MISSION...
Solidarites International (SI) has been working in Syria since 2012. The mission counts about 230 national staff, more than 40 expatriates, and has a 25 million EUR budget forecasted for 2021. There are 3 implementing offices in Syria (2 in North East Syria/NES, 1 in North West Syria/NWS) with the coordination based in Amman – Jordan and a support office in Erbil - Iraq.
The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations.
Syria mission is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main activities are focusing on:
- Wash (water distribution and rehabilitation, latrines and showers, waste management, hygiene promotion) in IDP settlements
- Distribution of essential in kind NFI and cash (wash, shelter, winterization) for vulnerable populations.
The program includes as well a great part of more “durable” activities:
- Water stations and network rehabilitations,
- Institutional rehabilitations (hospitals, schools).
Additionally, SI has a contingency and capacity to respond to emergencies in all NES and has been responding to the COVID-19 crisis (some specifically dedicated grants are ongoing).
ABOUT THE JOB
- Management of expatriates’ movements and all related administrative processes from Erbil and for Syria
- Managing and capacity building of the admin supervisor
- Coordination with the Iraq mission on admin, finance and HR matters
- Supervision of Bank accounts and cash box in Erbil
- Closure of monthly accounts as per finance calendar
- Ensure that finance filing is done properly
- Ensure proper documentation as per SI rules for any payments on behalf of bases.
Specific tasks and challenges:
- Coordination with Iraq mission on new residency and visa process
- Covid19 related impacts and always changing rules
- Position is under remote management (hierarchical and functional managers are based in Amman)
- With the collaboration of SI Iraq Finance Coordination, participate to Bank analysis as per Amman Finance Coordination request & share final analysis report in order to identify the most appropriate bank with a better capacity of managing incoming transfers in Erbil
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Coordinate with Iraq mission for remuneration review
- Implementation of training in EBL
- Capacity building of the Admin Supervisor to build autonomy in all regular administrative/finance tasks
- Improve quality of monthly accountancy
- Help the Admin Coo of the Iraq mission in bank Assessment
- Follow the MTA process, what is supposed to be done, when and how and who is responsible
- Installation and set-up of the guesthouse for the Syria Mission in Erbil
- Number of persons under direct management: 1 admin supervisor + 2 cleaners
- The position is under the direct management of the Finance Coordinator and the functional management of the HR Coordinator, both based in Amman.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor degree in a field related to business administration / accounting / HR
- At least one successful previous experience in admin
- Experience in humanitarian sector is an asset
- Previous experience with SI being a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity
- Very comfortable with standard MS Office software (full excel proficiency necessary)
- Autonomous, organize, ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
- Team player, capacity to give a positive dynamic
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Able to communicate & coordinate well between Irak mission/NES team, Amman Coordination & NES forum
- Fluency in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing) mandatory
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 1980 euros gross per month) and valorization according to experience (+100€/year of humanitarian experience on an equivalent position and +50€/year of humanitarian experience on a non-equivalent position)
and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of one additional rest day per month worked, i.e. 12 days in addition for a one-year contract.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
In Erbil, security risks are low and restrictions are limited. However, security rules from the Iraq mission must be followed. Covid19 rules applied in Erbil must be strictly followed and are subject to regular changes depending of the status of the pandemic
Expats live in a fully equipped guest house located in Ankawa neighborhoods, 5 to 10 minutes from the office by walk. It is possible to walk around the neighborhood and there are many shops and restaurants. There are parks in the city where you can walk or go running, and many malls and shops which sell a very large variety of goods.
Expats can face street or taxi driver harassment. It is recommended that expats do not walk alone late at night or take unknown taxis on their own.
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link:
CV only applications will not be considered. NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/