DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity-building of both state and non-state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF's Foundation Council brings together representatives of around 60 states. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch.
Project Coordinator (Fundraising, Donor Relations and Reporting) / (100 %)
Location: Geneva, with occasional travel to donor countries and the region
Starting date: 1st of July 2021 or as soon as possible
Duration: Two years renewable
Reporting to the Head of Division or her/his designate, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the division’s fundraising portfolio, management of donor relations, DCAF’s Trust Fund for North Africa (TFNA), and managing the division’s donor reporting responsibilities. More specifically, the incumbent’s role will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
· Contribute to the development of the division’s fundraising, in line with division’s strategy, including the development of project proposals, bids in response to tenders or funding requests.
· Management of existing donor commitments as well as extension of commitments via multi-year Grant Agreements
· Overseeing the division’s donor base, including identification of new donors and their funding priorities/strategies/lines and instruments, and the development of funding proposals
· Manage MENA’s TFNA, including timely financial and narrative reporting
· Organize the bi-annual TFNA Steering Committees meetings (reporting, facilitation, minutes of meeting, logistics, follow-up, etc)
· Development and continuous update of donor funding financial steering instruments (monthly cash flow projection, monthly expense overview, other instruments as agreed)
· Articulate a communications strategy, especially for the TFNA, and develop additional communication tools as required
· Coordinate the development and ensure the timely submission of internal annual and performance reports, in accordance with DCAF’s RBM system
· Keep track of donor reporting obligations and commitments, and ensure the production of quality reports and their timely submission
· Contribute to DCAF’s fundraising working group or task forces, as necessary, especially in the development of private fundraising strategy and tools
· Assist in the planning of, preparation for and implementation of field missions as required
· Any other related tasks as may be required by the Head of Division or her/his designee.
· Professional experience in project management (minimum 7 years) in fundraising and management of donor relations, preferably in the field of governance, security and international development assistance
· An advanced degree in development, international relations, business management, public administration or other relevant area of studies
· Familiarity with DCAF’s areas of expertise (SSR/G) and with results-based management (RBM) frameworks a strong asset
· Excellent English (both written and spoken) is a must – knowledge of Arabic and French would be a distinct advantage
· Professional experience working with/in/on behalf of MENA countries
· Experience and skills in outreach and communication, especially with donors
· Experience and skills in project conceptualization, design and formulation, as well as in report writing and coordination
· Experience and skills in budgeting and budget monitoring
· Strong planning and analytical skills
· Interpersonal, staff management and communication skills
· Flexibility, including availability for missions abroad
· Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite
· a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
· the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
· the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
How to apply
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 16 May 2021 with the subject heading ‘’PCFR2021’”, enclosing:
• a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
• a concise CV (maximum two pages)
• the completed DCAF Application Form to be downloaded on Work with us | DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, nationality or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law**