Search requires the services of an independent consultant to provide a training on Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) for its Finance Department and Project Managers.
Goal and Objectives of the Consultancy
Search requires the services of an independent consultant to provide a training on Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) for its Finance Department and Project Managers. Commitment to gender equality necessitates the adoption and integration of operational measures and actions aimed at incorporating a gender perspective into budgeting frameworks as part of efforts dedicated to address gender gaps. Within this context, GRB ensures that fund management and allocations contribute to advancing gender equality.
The objective of the training is to provide participants with knowledge on GRB and to equip them with necessary skills they can apply to Search budgeting process in general, and the ones specific to gender-related projects.
Following the training, participants should be able to:
- Understand the relationship between gender equality and financial management and their impact on social development and stability.
- Recognize major GRB analytical frameworks and tools applied to budget cycles.
- Conduct GRB analysis and make necessary changes to programs and budgets to make them more gender responsive.
- Integrate GRB in planning and budgeting.
- Provide feedback on the how Search programs and interventions affect different categories of men, women, youths…
- Better use and allocate financial resources to respond to gender needs.
Training location and date
The training will be implemented online, according to Search mode of operations under the Covid-19 safety and prevention measures.
Training sessions are expected to be delivered during the first week of May 2021.
The consultant is expected to:
- Attend an inception call with the Gender Advisor and Finance & Operations Director to discuss the scope of the training.
- Conduct an analysis of Search’s budgets and financial policy from a gender perspective.
- Design a training agenda and curriculum (including tools and training material) after consultation with Search’s Gender Advisor and Finance & Operations Director, based on the analysis’ findings.
- Develop pre an post-training test and assessment tools.
- Deliver a 2-day GRB training to Search’s finance team.
- Prepare reports on the trainings including the pre and post assessment to highlight the findings
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Social Work /Gender Studies/Public Administration/Policy or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with development projects including hands-on experience of design, implementation and monitoring/evaluation of projects preferably on Gender Equality and Women’s Rights.
- Experience on financial/budgetary data analysis, statistics and quantitative and qualitative research.
- Substantive experience of working on GRB is a must.
- Previous experience in delivering remote/online trainings.
Training and reporting will be conducted in English.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are requested to provide the following documents:
- A detailed C.V. and cover letter highlighting the needed skills and experience.
- A technical proposal on the proposed training methodology and content.
- A financial proposal.