Location: New York, NY
Reports To: Director, Operational Excellence, Executive Office
IAVI is seeking a highly motivated Associate, Operational Excellence, who will be responsible for supporting and project-managing initiatives for the COO, as well as cross-departmental activities from the Executive Office (EO) and Senior Management Team (SMT). This position offers a unique opportunity to learn how an international nonprofit in the area of global public health operates, and contribute to the organization’s mission by supporting the top management.
- Supporting and coordinating initiatives and activities for the COO.
- Project managing and tracking of organizational initiatives stemming out of the EO and Operational Excellence team.
- Assisting with desk research tasks and supporting content development (i.e. presentations, reports and other documents).
- Supporting and project managing cross-departmental projects led by other departments.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, business administration, international relations, or related studies is required; A graduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience working in a non-profit setting is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others is required.
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with attention to detail is required.
- Initiative, follow-through, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities while working effectively toward deadlines is required.
- Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to global public health and the capacity to master and represent the mission and programs of IAVI are highly desirable.
IAVI is a nonprofit scientific research organization dedicated to addressing urgent, unmet global health challenges including HIV and tuberculosis. Our mission is to translate scientific discoveries into affordable, globally accessible public health solutions. Through scientific and clinical research in Africa, India, Europe, and the U.S., IAVI is pioneering the development of biomedical innovations designed for broad global access. We develop vaccines and antibodies in and for the developing world and seek to accelerate their introduction in low-income countries. IAVI programs and partnerships are grounded in the regions of the world where the disease burden is the greatest, and our approach emphasizes sustainability. Our network of clinical research center partners in Africa and India helps strengthen in-country research capacity and supports the training and education of the next generation of scientists. The global impact of our science includes fundamental contributions to understanding the biology of HIV infection, which IAVI and others are applying toward advancing vaccine science and immunology. IAVI accelerates scientific discovery and development by fostering unique collaborations among academia, industry, local communities, governments, and funders to explore new and better ways to address public health threats that disproportionately affect people living in poverty. Our global reach, including a clinical research network in five countries in sub-Saharan Africa and in India, has allowed us to make fundamental contributions to understanding the epidemiology, transmission, virology, and immunology of HIV. This work played a key role in facilitating the design of promising HIV vaccine candidates, as well as the discovery of broadly neutralizing antibodies that are now being advanced as promising approaches for HIV prevention. Our integrated capabilities in vaccine and antibody discovery, development, and clinical research take advantage of bio-pharmaceutical industry expertise to accelerate the development and testing of prevention methods for HIV and other diseases. Through the Product Development Center, we support external researchers with technical and scientific expertise to accelerate the development of their own products.
IAVI CORE VALUES:
- Dedication to the Mission: We are committed to the translation of scientific discoveries into affordable, globally accessible public health solutions.
- Innovative Evolution: We are committed to solving complex problems in creative and innovative ways, learning from our mistakes and successes and never giving up
- Integrity: We are committed to meeting the highest ethical and professional standards in everything we do and to taking responsibility for our actions to earn respect
- Collaboration: We are committed to embracing diversity, the power of global teamwork and the belief that by working as one we can make a difference
- Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship. IAVI is an equal opportunity employer and applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
IAVI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER actively committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive global organization. IAVI believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a representative candidate pool. At IAVI, we celebrate the spectrum of colleagues’ experiences and believe that dedication to our mission above all is essential to our success as a scientific global non-profit. IAVI upholds these principles through IAVI’s Global Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
IAVI has zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, caste, national origin, home language, ancestry, religion, marital or civil partnership status, age, physical or mental disability, HIV status and any other medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and veteran status, in addition to any other status protected under the law in any of our locations worldwide.
How to apply
Please apply directly to our website.