Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist,
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA)
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA) is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
The Senior M&E Specialist, in conjunction with the monitoring technical team, is responsible for overseeing project monitoring and verification (M&V) activities targeting monitoring of USAID implementing partners (IPs) programming, in addition to the training of local Afghan staff to collect data on the outputs and outcomes, of USAID funded projects. The position requires travel throughout Afghanistan, subject to security considerations. This is a full-time position.
NTA Rate: Grade B, Steps 1-5
- Participate and/or lead in the development or refinement of data collection tools and approaches
- Implement the Third Party Monitoring (TPM) plan through overseeing and/or participating in site visits/site visit validations to capture and analyze data in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinate M&V and additional monitoring project site visits with subcontractor enumerators, enumerator coordinators/supervisors, IPs, and AMELA M&E Specialists
- Manage portfolio of Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) TPM monitoring activities
- Perform quality assurance verifications of data collected on site visits for selected USAID projects
- Train and supervise AMELA's subcontractor and/or local staff to complete M&V work at project sites
- Analyze monthly M&V data, develop data visualizations, and write monthly reports of all site visits conducted to be submitted to USAID
- Provide feedback to USAID staff on project shortcomings and recommendations for improving project implementation and impact
- Work with USAID officials to improve M&V systems where site visits find deficiencies
- Other duties as specified by project management
- Graduate level degree, or commensurate practical experience required
- A minimum of one year of experience working on humanitarian projects and/or supervising TPM of humanitarian activities required
- A minimum of seven years of substantive experience in managing the TPM needs and activities associated with development or humanitarian projects in complex environments, ideally including Afghanistan
- Willingness and ability to visit project sites in the insecure operating environments throughout Afghanistan
- Knowledge of USAID performance monitoring guidelines and rules (ADS 203)
- Familiarity with M&E methodologies preferred
- Strong English writing skills and speaking ability, and ideally working knowledge of local languages required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com