Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA) is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
The IT/LAN Manager is responsible for managing all organization technologies and providing technology support and training. The IT/LAN Manager will be tasked with analyzing systems and processes, maintaining workstations/ networks, and maintaining IT polices. This is a full-time position and will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
NTA Scale: Grade C, Steps 1-5
- Ensure all Information and Communication Technology (ICT) activities meet their respective targets and the AMELA IT networks operate as close to 24/7 as possible
- Ensure the cellular data network used by the project is efficient and support service is responsive
- Ensure AMELA staff are trained on the use of ICT equipment
- Deliver periodic reports as required by AMELA management
- Train and support field staff on the use of AMELA monitoring equipment and applications
- Ensure networks, workstations, operating systems and software applications are operational
- Ensure hardware and software is patched and/or updated
- Ensure all Internet/communication links are operational in accordance with vendor specifications
- Responsible for troubleshooting workstations, networks, software applications, phones, copiers and other technologies
- Maintain the IT and communications hardware and software inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DCOP and/or designee
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- A minimum five years of relevant experience in IT required
- Possess certifications in CompTIA A+, ITIL, or similar preferred
- Previous experience working with an international organization preferred
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities are highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- English-language written and oral communication skills, required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com