ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
The Livelihood and Cash coordinator will provide Technical support to Livelihood and Cash related assessment, implementation and learning interventions as well as efficient coordination with the field team, in order insure the qualitative implementation of the Livelihood and Cash programing in Syria.
A. Technical Support
Provide technical support to WVI cash programming including Cash feasibility assessments, Market assessments, determination of response options, delivery mechanisms and appropriate modalities to be implemented.
Support field and partner teams to set up CVP operations
Insure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the selected delivery mechanisms are being followed (Mobile Money, Electronic Voucher, Banks, etc)
Provide orientation during startup workshop
Support in the daily liaison with the data platform and financial service providers, implementing partners and administration of the cash/ voucher value transfer process to beneficiaries.
Ensure that monthly and regular reports are submitted timely (4Ws, CTMR, donor reports, etc).
Liaise with project implementing staff and cooperating partners and undertake visits to view project outputs and beneficiaries, inspect cash and voucher distribution points and voucher redemption process;
Update and monitoring CVA distribution trackers
Carry out regular team meetings to review data and carry out analysis, sharing the results with the CVA team
With the support of Livelihood and Cash TA, lead CVP Capacity assessment and capacity building initiatives for WVI staff and partners.
Provide technical and supervisory support to WV partners utilizing CVP modalities
Ensure ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff in order to ensure that they are able to perform and achieve the desired results.
In coordination with Grant Managers, provide technical review of MEAL reports with regards to monitoring and accountability findings;
Coordinate representation of WVI in National Coordination Sector working groups and Clusters as needed
Where possible, provide leadership for working groups or task teams.
Create channels for dialogue to ensure appropriate technical and social interventions in order to secure outcome, impact and sustainability;
Collaborate with MEAL team and Grant Managers in establishing and supporting the implementation of context appropriate complaints and feedback mechanism in all operational areas.
C. Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Innovate, test or replicate good ideas to scale up CVP in NWS.
Support in assessing the CVP modality selection, feasibility and preference studies.
Set up CVP monitoring, accountability and learning systems and address findings and recommendations on a regular basis.
Design and facilitate market assessments, monitoring and document lessons for sharing internally and with key partners
Ensure regular program reports are generated and shared internally, with project partners.
Ensure internal control systems are in placed to identify and manage potential risks associated with CVP
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
2-3 years’ experience in Cash and Voucher Programming including conducting Cash Feasibility Assessment, Market Assessment and implementing CVP programs Experience.
Experience working with Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Financial Service Providers (FSPs)
Knowledge of Humanitarian standards
Bachelor’s degree qualification in food security, nutrition, science, economics, business management or any other relevant field
Understanding of program design process, and monitoring/evaluation frameworks
Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team in a high-pressure environment while adhering to deadlines
Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility, ability to coordinate and build consensus.
- Ability to work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Arabic, and competency of translation from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in strategic thinking and planning skills, able to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans and to evaluate progress
- Ability to provide support and training to staff and partners on donor requirements
- Basic financial awareness, with the ability to support budget development
- Strong partnership and networking skills
- Leadership: proven ability to build trust and relationships to work productively, motivate and inspire teamwork even without line management authority
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and detail orientation, even under time pressure
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet) required
- Certification or specific training in Statistics, Information Management and/or Data Management
- Previous experience in cash & food assistance in fragile context will be an added advantage
How to apply
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV must be in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. Application without same title of position will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 13 April 2021. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.