Duration : 8 months (with possibility of extension)
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- Lead in financial monitoring of all projects, providing impartial observations and/or findings.
- Exercise authority to approve financial transactions in the absence of Admin Coordinator.
- Support in proposals preparation.
- Support in the capacity building activities of finance team.
- Support in Donors report preparation.
- Prepare and submit a new coding (financial lines) for a new project with HQ.
- Ensure timely budget forecast preparation in the Capital Office on a monthly basis. Assist Heads of Projects in the management and monitoring of budgets and identify significant budget variances.
- Lead in government financial audits (BIR), in coordination with the Accounting Manager and Finance Compliance Supervisor.
- Manage and provide accurate co-financing data both at AGRESSO and reporting.
- Assist Finance Co of following the financial planning of the mission through the standard financial management tool (FMT/eFMT) and update it on a monthly basis.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Personnel management / team management
- Support the members of admin and finance team in the follow up and implementation of current admin/finance/accounting regulations and ensure all admin staff adhere to organization procedures (Cash management Policy).
- Participate in regular meetings with the teams and within the delegation.
- Periodically evaluate the staff under his/her direct responsibility and pass on the evaluations and recommendations to his/her manager.
- Draw up the work schedule for the Admin team.
- Comply with the local directives and rules in force as regards to HR management.
- Provide finance support to different bases, when the need arises.
- Support the Admin Coordinator in the capacity assessment of finance personnel both base and capital level.
- Support the Admin Coordinator in drafting a capacity building plan for the team and implementing the plan.
Objective 2: Budget management
- Provide all necessary information to the Admin/Finance Coordinator for the preparation of Budget versus Actuals (follow up or BvA) and forecast reports.
- To assist Finance Co of following the financial planning of the mission through the standard financial management tool (FMT/eFMT) and update it on a monthly basis
- To assist Finance Co in carrying an exhaustive control of the coverage plan (CCP: Cost Coverage Plan) and monitor the cost structure of the mission.
- Conduct financial monitoring of all projects.
- Contribute to the preparation of the operational budget for his/her field according to requirements.
- In collaboration with the budget managers, carry out an analysis of the differences between the provisional and the actual budget.
- In collaboration with the Admin/Finance Coordinator Make suggestions for budget adjustments.
Objective 3: Administration and contract management
- Ensure that local taxation law requirements are fully complied with. In collaboration with the Admin/Finance Coordinator and Accounting Manager.
- Make sure the formalities required by the local authorities are followed in all official documents in collaboration with the Admin/Finance Coordinator.
- To assist Admin CO in Following up of all payments received at mission level.
- Support in proposals preparation
- In collaboration with the Admin/Finance Coordinator monitor the procedures and tools used for the financial management of the mission.
- In collaboration with the Admin/Finance Coordinator Follow up and analysis of all Mission’s financial risks
Objective 4: Financial management (cash/accounting)
- Adhere to and enforce the financial internal and donors budget guidelines, particularly regarding the cash management procedures.
- Ensure that the Cash Management Policy is properly applied in the mission in collaboration with the Admin/Finance Coordinator.
- Coordinate with international partners’ regarding budget execution, lead in monitoring partners’ financial management in convenio & consortium projects.
- Update monthly exchange rate sheet/TMP and Donors exchange rate (AGRESSO);
- Update monthly mission treasury sheet according to monthly closing procedures;
Objective 5: Internal/external control systems
- Ensure the fulfillment and adherence to the signatories' policy and schedule for purchases and payment authorizations.
- Support the Admin/Finance Coordinator in the preparation of all internal and external financial audits. Ensure that all supporting documents in the financial files are valid, completed and correctly organized.
- Ensure the availability of cash resources as well as the security of the storage places for funds.
- Monitor the “safety envelope” system (if existing) in the Capital office.
- Ensure the compliance with the internal guidelines regarding the risk of theft, armed robbery, corruption, embezzlement, errors and losses. Commit to respect Action Against Hunger Risk Management Policies including Child Protection and Safeguarding policy, Anti-theft Fraud and Corruption Policy and Whistle Blowing Policy. Report any breach observed in the framework of this policies during his/her professional activities both as regards the proven or suspected offence and preventive breach.
- Assist the Admin Coordinator during audit and donor queries;
- Provide updates to Admin coordinator for any relevant changes on tax code, GAAP and legal obligation.
- To assist Admin Co in controlling and supervision of the respect of any rule regarding the quality and archiving of all administrative and financial documentation according to ACF and donor guidelines.
- Plan and follow up of internal audit control in coordination with Admin Co.
Objective 6: Reporting
- Ensure a timely full finance (FMT/CCP/COFI) monthly closure and annual closure.
- Provide accurate financial data to Admin Coordinator for reporting purposes in a timely manner.
- Recommend financial related solutions/options on reporting concerns for Admin Coordinator or the management to consider.
- Support in a Partners and Donors report preparation.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy or any related field.
- Technical knowledge:
- Professionalism – Sense of confidentiality
- Able to perform well under pressure with shorts deadlines.
- Good planning and monitoring skills are required
- A commitment of 12 months is required
- Capacity to work autonomously in close coordination with the other ACF-E departments in the base.
- Experience: At least 3 years in a similar position; preferably previous working experience in INGO
- IT Systems:
- Computer skills in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet)
- Good knowledge accounting software (AGRESSO)
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
- Compensation based on Action Against Hunger salary grid and candidate's previous experience
- Benefits: Health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlements, government-mandated benefits
- Fixed-term employment
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply to the link provided below on or before 20 April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department.
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline.
Action against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among females and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.