BACKGROUND ON IMPACT AND REACH
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
We are currently looking for a Senior Assessment Officer to join the Global Inter-Sector Unit in HQ.
Title: Senior Assessment Officer (SAO)
Location: Geneva with travel (up to 30% field deployment)
Contract duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
Under the supervision of the Inter-Sector Unit Manager, the SAO will 1) contribute to assessment and analysis activities in support of the Global COVID-19 IM, Assessment, and Analysis Cell (GIMAC), and 2) provide technical and programmatic support to REACH inter-sectoral research cycles, including the Multi-Sector Needs Assessment (MSNA), Humanitarian Situation Monitoring (HSM), and Rapid/Emergency Response Mechanism (RRM/ERM).
Under the supervision of the global Inter-Sector Unit Manager based in Geneva HQ, the REACH SAO will perform the following functions in support of the HQ Inter-Sector Unit:
1) Contribute to global activities and deliverables in support of the GIMAC, including global assessment and analysis, leading field support requests related to primary data collection, external engagement and communications with GIMAC co-lead agencies, and supporting M&E and learning activities.
2) Support coordination, technical advice, and capacity building for inter-sector research cycles, including contribution to MSNA and HSM toolbox development, participation in global policy and advocacy activities, and technical support to REACH country ISUs (from Geneva and through dedicated surge requests).
The SAO will be responsible for:
· Conducting global analysis and producing information products
· Developing research design advice, including adapting data collection methodologies and tools to COVID-19 affected contexts, as requested through the GIMAC field support request mechanism
· Contributing to GIMAC M&E and lessons learned activities
· Supporting with coordination and oversight of the 2021 MSNA research cycle, toolbox development, and facilitation of the MSNA CoP
· Supporting with HSM review, lessons learned, and launching of toolbox development
· Completing short-term surge requests to support country level ISUs
· Contribute to project reporting, donor updates, and other similar tasks
· At least 2 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian settings
· Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master degree in relevant discipline
· Excellent research design and analytical skills
· Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting
· Excellent interpersonal skills, include strong external engagement and coordination skills
· Familiarity with the humanitarian system and global humanitarian policy frameworks, in particular the Grand Bargain
· Willingness to engage in short term field deployments, including to complex and challenging security environments
· Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
· Fluency in English required; proficiency in French or a second relevant language an asset
· Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management Software
· Ability to operate Stata, R, SPSS, or related statistical programming an asset
· Ability to work independently.
How to apply
Kindly submit to the following link: Senior Assessment Officer (Global Inter-Sector Unit) | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org