The National MHPSS Facilitator will closely work with International MHPSS Technical Officer to mobilise communities to understand and respond to the needs of MHPSS. The Volunteer will undertake intensive training on MHPSS so that they are provided with the tools and skills to support partners and vulnerable population groups in addressing MHPSS needs.
The National MHPSS Facilitator will work under the direct supervision of the VSO Social Cohesion Technical Advisor with additional technical support from International MHPSS Technical Officer.
The volunteer will be based in Northern Shan, Myanmar.
Skills and experiences require:
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, gender and development, public health, social work, psychology or other related fields.
- At least three years’ experience working on gender/GBV, social work, psychosocial support, humanitarian response or community development issues.
- A sound understanding of gender and gender-based violence in Myanmar context, as well as a good understanding of the stakeholder landscape at the local level.
- Extensive experience in training on topics related to the project, and providing technical assistance to local stakeholders.
- Fluent Myanmar, relevant local languages as well as excellent spoken and written English are essential.
- Knowledge of potential partners in GBV/MHPSS
Right to work in Myanmar is required. VSO will not be able to provide for visa and work permit.