Save the Children (SC) will implement a multi years livelihoods program funded by SC Denmark and PIPPI in Dohuk governorate targeting Syrian refugees, Yazidi IDPs and host communities. The project will be implemented along with a national partner. The Project Manager FSL is a mid level position based in Dohuk office under direct supervision of Field Manager and technical support and guidance from FSL Adviser. The Project Manager FSL will be responsible for coordination and technical support to partners livelihoods team and will play a key role in the oversight and quality implementation of the FSL portfolio ensuring that day to day implementation, documentation and financial management functions are performed in accordance with SCI's policies and agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). In addition, Project Manager FSL will represent SC in external coordination and will support FSL Specialist in assessments, reporting and program development activities.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager Dohuk with dotted line to FSL Specialist based in CO
Staff reporting to this post: None; the project will be implemented through local partner. At a later stage with growing portfolio staff management responsibilities might be added.
Other Internal Contacts: MEAL, CP, Education, WASH, Finance and Supply Chain
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Work Closely with Field Manager, FSL specialist and local partners to facilitate and coordinate the livelihood activities.
* Build the capacity of partner's livelihood team with specific technical expertise in relevant areas (Youth livelihoods, Life Skills, Cash and Enterprise Development) to meets technical program needs and ensure implementation according to agreed standards (Livelihoods Cluster, CWG, SC policy/ SOPs, donor compliances and humanitarian principles).
* Maintain open and professional relations with partner, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable partner successfully perform in their role.
* Ensure regular field monitoring and program activities modifications as required.
* Coordinate and follow up regularly with partner in field for updated status of program implementation and keep FSL Specialist informed about any support/ troubleshooting required to partner.
* Coordinate partner, MEAL and communication team for case studies and success stories.
* Represent SC in external coordination with ELC, FSL cluster and Cash Working Group (CWG).
* Co- Chair Emergency Livelihoods sub cluster in Dohuk.
* Support FSL specialist for assessments like livelihoods market assessment, labor market assessment, market assessment for cash, need assessment, etc.
* Keep record of all required documents related to FSL and Cash program, beneficiary selection, distribution and post distribution monitoring.
* Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to the project/s.
* Support FSL specialist in reporting and program development activities.
* Work collaboratively with SCI's logistics , finance and HR staff to ensure timely procurement, payments & recruitment.
* Regularly update and share project planning documents to Field Manager including Risk Management Plan, CSG risk assessment, Detail Implementation Plan, Procurement Plan
* Ensure adequate budget utilization through regular monitoring of project BVA against the forecast and compiliane.
* Regularly update the Program PR tracking & Pipeline analysis and share project planning documents to Field Manager
* Develop and submit complete updated award review forms with action tracker to field manager and awards team for monthly award review process.
* Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
* Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
* Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself and team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and external partners and stake holders
* Values diversity and different people's perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
* Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
* displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
* Bachlors degree in economics, management sciences or agriculture related fields.
* At least four years proven experience of livelihoods program implementation.
* Experience of working with partners.
* Proven abilities to work with refugees, IDPs and host communities.
* Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills.
* Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish
* Experience of representation and ability to represent Save the Children effectively in external forums like ELC, ood security cluster and cash working group.
* Experience and understanding of gender sensitive programing.
* Good understanding of community engagement and social cohesion.
* Good understanding of humanitarian principles and don no harm.
* Understanding and commitment to Save the Children aims, values, and principles
* Works well in and promotes teamwork, strong community outreach skills, detail oriented, honest, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
* Strong sense of integrity
* Co- chairing coordination forum.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmFiZHVscmFoaW0uOTkzMTMuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZ...