Community Feedback Mechanism Team Member-IDLEB-SYNAT-Syria
at GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Job purpose: This job will help enable GOAL Syria to systematically collect and respond to beneficiary feedback in the field to improve GOAL’s accountability to local stakeholders, the participatory nature of its programming, and to ensure that stakeholders feel heard in the field.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- Receive complaints and feedback through a variety of mechanisms, may include:
- Field visits to meet with stakeholders.
- Reception at Idleb-Syria offices
- Answering the Turkcell hotline
- Receiving WhatsApp messages
- Respond to frequently asked questions according to the approved script.
- Identify serious complaints and communicate them directly through the appropriate response mechanism, handling them confidentially and discreetly.
- Register incoming complaints/feedback requiring follow-up and update status of each complaint in the Complaints Tracker.
- Redirect complaints to the appropriate staff according to standard procedures
- Follow-up with post-beneficiary selection complaints
- Disseminate key messages in the field, including information about the complaints and response mechanism.
In addition to the above, the Complaints and Response Team Member is required to abide by and uphold the Core Humanitarian Standards in the execution of his/her duties.
- University degree \ Undergraduate (second year minimum)
- Commensurate work experience \ three years minimum
- Strong commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm under pressure.
Demonstrated assertiveness, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds.
Detail oriented and strong clerical skills
Native Arabic speaker
Ability to travel to the field at least 50% of the time.
Familiar with Tablets\Smartphone Applications
Good computer skills (Word, Excel, ….)
Prepared to work in an insecure environment.
- Good experience coordinating and/or liaising with community stakeholders.
- Experience working in sales, teaching, law, customer services, or humanitarian work preferred.
- English skills are preferred.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Application deadline is: 18th April 2021.