TPM Analyst, USAID Liberia Data, Evaluation, Learning and Technical Assistance (DELTA) Project, Monrovia, Liberia
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project/Proposal Summary: **
The five-year DELTA project will support USAID Mission teams with monitoring and evaluation services to allow agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context in Liberia. It will produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation and maintain a performance management system. It will also support data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points. The project is currently in the bid phase and the position would begin should MSI be awarded the contract.
**Only Liberian citizens are eligible to apply
The TPM Analyst will be supervised by the Monitoring Specialist and lead third party monitoring (TPM) activities of the contract. TPM support will include tracking and verifying the work and reporting of USAID-funded projects (or implementing partners); collecting beneficiary feedback; analyzing and triangulating the different types of data collected; and responding to requests from USAID for special analyses. The TPM Analyst will oversee the work of enumerators working remotely across Liberia, and ensure they have the training and support required. The Analyst will guide the development of data collection tools and processors, lead enumerator training, manage and analyze data, and write reports for submission to USAID.
- Lead the development of data collection instruments for administration during site visits, and data storage and management systems to manage the data collected.
- Lead training on USAID data collection and storge standards and security; qualitative and quantitative research methods; and sampling techniques for use by enumerators during site visits.
- Supervise remote teams working in at least six and potentially all counties of Liberia.
- Guide cleaning and analysis of data as it is received and prepare reports for review by DELTA team and submission to USAID. Should include robust data analyses and data visualizations.
- Ensure effective and collaborative working relationships with USAID and its implementing partners.
- Maintain monitoring data within the project's monitoring database.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in data collection and analysis, preferably related to monitoring and evaluation of international development programming by an international donor. .
- Bachelor's degree in international development, social science, economics or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- In-depth understanding of and skills in performance monitoring, and in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Expert knowledge working with quantitative analysis software, such as Excel, SPSS and/or STATA. Experience with qualitative analysis software such as NVivo or Atlas a plus.
- Experience supporting monitoring and evaluation for USAID projects preferred.
- Strong English communication skills, both orally and in writing required; additional local languages preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.