The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is funding a study in Cote d’Ivoire (CDI) on economic sectors and the demand for skills to inform the project design and cost-benefit analysis for its Technical Vocational, Education and Training (TVET) Activity. The TVET Activity aims to provide training to Ivorian students in skills and knowledge that is in-demand by the private sector. The study will take place over 12 months and the anticipated budget is $300,000. This study will update an existing data collection instrument to collect data from businesses in CDI to assess two to three economic sectors. There are two main outcomes expected from this effort:
- Obtain sector-specific parameter estimates to use as inputs to an economic analysis that determines the cost-effectiveness of a TVET center within the relevant economic sector in CDI.
- Obtain sector-specific information on the demand of skills that can better inform the design of related training programs for a new TVET center within a specific economic sector in CDI.
SI is seeking a Data Collection Coordinator for the upcoming MCC TVET Sectors Study in Cote d’Ivoire. The Data Collection Coordinator is a short-term position which will report directly to the Team Leader and lead data collection during the period of performance.
****Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply to this position. **
- Report to the Team Leader on a regular basis.
- Identify data collection challenges; propose and manage measures to overcome challenges.
- Manage data collection trainings for the trainers and enumerators, and survey pilot testing.
- In close coordination with the Team Leader, plan and oversee all aspects of data collection.
- A bachelors-level degree in statistics, economics, or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in coordinating in-person surveys of households and/or businesses with at least some experience in using electronic data collection tools. Knowledge of SurveyCTO is a plus.
- Experience overseeing teams of at least 20 enumerators.
- Experience managing survey implementation issues and data quality monitoring.
- Fluency in French.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications for report writing and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse teams and organize logistics.
- Pro-active problem-solving skills.
- Experience coordinating household and/or business surveys with electronic data collection tools in Francophone West Africa. Work experience in Cote d’Ivoire will be a plus.
- Experience managing training for supervisors and interviewers.
- Proficiency in English.
- Ivorian locals are encouraged to apply.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA...