The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is funding a study in Cote d’Ivoire (CDI) on economic sectors and the demand for skills to inform the project design and cost-benefit analysis for its Technical Vocational, Education and Training (TVET) Activity. The TVET Activity aims to provide training to Ivorian students in skills and knowledge that is in-demand by the private sector. The study will take place over 12 months and the anticipated budget is $300,000. This study will update an existing data collection instrument to collect data from businesses in CDI to assess two to three economic sectors. There are two main outcomes expected from this effort:
- Obtain sector-specific parameter estimates to use as inputs to an economic analysis that determines the cost-effectiveness of a TVET center within the relevant economic sector in CDI.
- Obtain sector-specific information on the demand of skills that can better inform the design of related training programs for a new TVET center within a specific economic sector in CDI.
SI is seeking a Team Leader for the upcoming MCC TVET Sectors Study in Cote d’Ivoire. The Team Leader will directly supervise a Data Analyst and Data Collection Coordinator, and will provide overall technical and managerial leadership of the study.
- Liaise on a regular basis with MCC HQ, MCA-CI and other organizations involved in the study.
- Lead and manage the study team.
- Ensure quality control of all deliverables being submitted to MCC.
- Ensure deliverables are submitted on time, and any delays are clearly communicated to the COR/PM as soon as they are known.
- Provide technical oversight of instrument and survey protocol development.
- Oversee the recruitment and general training of data collectors.
- Provide direct supervision over the data collection coordinator and data analyst and provide overall supervision of all other staff.
- A master’s-level degree in statistics, economics, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in designing, managing, or overseeing in-person survey of businesses, including experience with electronic data collection tools.
- Three (3) years of experience establishing survey protocols including designing cost-effective sampling strategies.
- Fluency in French, and professional proficiency in English.
- Excellent knowledge of Stata or other similar analysis software.
- Excellent database management experience.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, organization and management skills and experience working with diverse teams and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience writing detailed and concise implementation and analysis reports.
- Relevant professional experience with business surveys and data collection in Francophone West Africa.
- Experience with labor force or labor market related surveys.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA...