Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (AMELA),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA) is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The Strengthening Watershed and Irrigation Management (SWIM) activity is a USAID-funded to support Afghanistan's National Water Law and the National Irrigation Plan. SWIM operates in Badakhshan, Baghlan, Balkh, Jawzjan and Samangan provinces in northern Afghanistan. At the national level, SWIM supports the Afghanistan Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL) and the National Water Affairs Regulatory Authority (NWARA) to implement the Government of Afghanistan's Water Law and the National Irrigation Plan, and the National Environmental Protection Agency (NEPA).
**Please note: All citizenships are eligible for this position
The Quantitative Expert will work on the SWIM Assessment. Under the direction of the Chief of Party and the Assessment Team Lead, the Quantitative Expert will play a lead role in the delivery of the quantitative data and assist with the delivery of the assessment report. This is a short term position with an estimated level of effort of 43 days over the next seven to eight months.
- Assist the Team Lead and AMELA leadership in the design, planning, implementation, analysis and reporting for the SWIM Assessment survey
- Manage the quality control and oversight of the contractor for the survey
- Work under the direction of the Team Lead, AMELA Senior Evaluation Lead, and other senior AMELA leadership to ensure high quality technical work, and adherence to the SOW
- Review and as necessary draft survey instruments, sample frame, survey manual and data base
- Participate in the analysis process and synthesis of survey findings for final report drafting
- Provide technical guidance to the staff, consultants and other partners brought on board to support this activity under the AMELA contract
- Master's degree in international development, statistics, assessment methodology, or agronomics required
- A minimum five years of experience in designing, managing, leading, and coordinating representative quantitative assessments in developing countries (with a preference for experience in conflict countries)
- Experience in quantitative questionnaire sample design, analysis, and data management
- Experience in the development field for water management, irrigation, and agriculture, and in particular yield estimation preferred
- Knowledge and experience on software for statistical analysis and data entry
- A record of delivering high quality reports to USAID and other donors
- Experience designing and completing high quality evaluations, which may include rigorous mixed-methods evaluation, desirable
- Experience working in Afghanistan or similar development environments preferred
- Experience working with USAID and/or other international donors, preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.