Our People & Talent Group are looking for a passionate and professional full time HR Officer to join the regional East and Central Africa team in Rwanda.
As HR officer you will be providing comprehensive, administrative support to the HR Business Partner(s) and deal with routine HR enquiries in relation to East and Central Africa region (eg. Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, South Sudan). You will ensure our HR processes and procedures are compliant, effective payroll liaison & administration, update the HR system and maintain electronic and paper filing systems. You will need to ensure that job vacancies are managed in a timely and effective way to best support recruiting managers through the recruitment cycle. And as an HR officer you will be asked to assist the HR Business Partner in the delivery of trainings/induction, project work, research or statistical analysis .
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent communicator and team player with experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Fluent in French and English
- Our ideal candidate will have an interest in and experience of using systems and databases.
- Experienced in prioritising and managing heavy workloads meeting tight deadlines
- Highly experienced in administration and have strong attention to details
- Committed to Tearfund's Christian beliefs
- A critical thinker with the desire to develop and grow
You will be working for a values-driven, global organisation and be a member of a team which contributes to effective people management, facilitates organisational change and helps to create an environment where each staff member is able to play their part in fulfilling Tearfund's vision.
This is a national position based in Rwanda and the salary is set at RWF 16,342,068. Only applicants who have the right to live and work in Rwanda will be considered for this position.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
How to apply
All applications need to be completed online using our online registration form. You can apply on our website.