Position Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
USAID's Bangladeshi Youth Activity (BYA) aims to bolster opportunities for youth employment and workforce development, resilience to violent extremism and anti-democratic values; and to provide youth the skills and abilities to promote and apply good governance. BYA will build skills and empower in- and out-of-school youth through gender-sensitive and age-appropriate interventions to improve their employability, increase civic engagement and contribute to the economic growth of Bangladesh. BYA will use a Positive Youth Development (PYD) approach to achieve the following objectives:
- Increase civic awareness and resilience to anti-democratic and violent extremist values;
- Strengthen youth participation in community improvements and decision-making processes at the local and national level; and
- Improve the marketability and employability skills of youth to connect them to jobs, sustainable livelihoods, and income generating opportunities.
Creative Associates International is seeking a Technical Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Bangladeshi Youth Activity. The Technical DCOP will work in tandem with the Chief of Party (COP) to oversee the technical vision and implementation of BYA. The Technical DCOP will support the COP in representing BYA with the donor and partners. The Technical DCOP will be responsible for forging relationships with government, private sector, other donor activities, and training and higher education institution actors with a focus on identifying synergies and opportunities for collaboration. The Technical DCOP must have a strong understanding of PYD and experience supporting youth-led and youth-serving organizations as well as technical expertise across BYA's focus areas.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Technical DCOP works under the leadership of the Chief of Party and coordinate closely with the Operational DCOP and the MEL Director.
- Support COP in overall management and leadership of technical direction of the project;
- Liaise with USAID on management and technical work;
- Develop, foster and maintain collaborative relationships with critical stakeholders, including government, private sector, community leaders, youth-led and youth-serving organizations, training and higher education institutions, and other donor-funded activities;
- Ensure technical excellence across all BYA activities;
- Create a culture of learning and incorporating evidence into implementation strategies; and
Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subawardees. Qualifications
Masters' degree in business, economics, international development, political science, social work or another relevant field (or, alternately, a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and five (5) additional years of relevant experience);
Minimum ten (10) years implementing programs in positive youth development (PYD), youth entrepreneurship, youth engagement, market systems strengthening, governance system strengthening, preventing violent extremism, or related fields;
At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management;
- Experience in adaptive management and ability to incorporate learnings and emerging evidence into implementation strategies;
- Proven experience integrating Gender Equality, Female Empowerment, and Social Inclusion (GESI) into development projects;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting, financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting), and procurement;
- Experience working with donor projects, USAID preferred;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including government institutions and the private sector;
- Strong report writing skills in English;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of USAID's PYD resources, Youth in Development Policy, Private Sector Engagement Policy, and Gender and Equality and Female Empowerment Policy.
Position Contingent Upon Donor Funding
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran