About our Middle East Programs;
RI in the Middle East has programs in six countries -- Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, with a focus on the 4 main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently employs 3900 staff (direct and indirect) in the region and has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 70 million USD on an annual basis.
The Regional HR Manager (RHRM) provides professional guidance and support to Relief International’s country operations within the Middle East Region.
The RHRM provides high quality HR support and oversight to RI in the Middle East. Ensuring that RI’s human resource management strategy and functions are carried out effectively across the region, including, labour law compliance; compensation design, analysis and implementation, employee relations, learning and development; performance management and recruitment.
The RHRM directly oversees the Senior Regional HR Officer and technically supervises the Country HR Managers in the Middle East (Yemen, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey). The position has a direct reporting line to ME Regional Director and a Technical reporting line to the VP of Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with Global HR to design, evaluate, and implement HR initiatives, policies, and SOPs that aim at creating an engaging work environment for RI staff at the region.
- Participate with Global HR Team in setting direction for human resources strategy, annual work plans, and lead implementation within the region.
Contribute to the successful execution of RI’s strategy for support to the Middle East country offices as a member of Regional Support Office’s management team.
Provide direct HR management and support to International Staff including recruitment, on boarding, performance management, training, deployment, and repatriation.
Talent Acquisition and Management
- Attract, retain, and constantly build the capacity of highly effective Regional HR Team including Field HR teams.
- Work with Global and Regional stakeholders to anticipate staffing needs at the region and enhance access to diverse human resources through networking, internal mobility, and career development initiatives.
- Perform all recruitment cycles to fill expat and Third Country National vacancies for the region. Also, Provide support Field HRMs with their staffing & recruitment plans.
- Properly orient and on-board new staff within the region and collaborate with monitor metrics that asses the quality and speed of recruitment and onboarding processes.
· Work with HR Managers to ensure compliance to local labor laws, donors’ regulations, and RI’s HR policies. Perform routine audits to confirm that high-quality HR practices are followed.
· Work with Global HR team and Country Directors to ensure Employee Manuals are localized and valid in-country and interpret and applies the Local law and RI HR policies
Identify training needs of expatriate staff and together with the Organizational Development and Training Director, enroll them in relevant courses that meet their training goals and needs.
Ensure that employees within the region receive high quality, and timely formal feedback regarding their performance using RI’s Performance Development System.
Provide guidance to supervisors as they complete evaluations, help supervisors find effective coaching methods that work for specific issues including identifying areas of poor performance and assisting supervisors to establish plans for improving performance (PIPS), be present during review meetings when necessary.
Equality and Diversity
- Promote internal equity at the region through proper implementation of RI’s compensation and benefits policies, procedures. Regular benchmark RI against relevant labour market.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree minimum. A globally recognized HR certification is an advantage.
- 7+ years of previous experience in a senior human resources role preferably in the INGO sector
- Experience managing recruitment at a senior and global levels;
- Strong working knowledge of and experience in international and local national HR.
- Experience working with and/or in the Middle East region highly preferred.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Arabic is a plus
- Strong communication and computer skills. HRIS experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel within the Middle East region and at times internationally.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a covering letter why you are suitable for this role and upload via link below: