Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to support the mission of the organization.
The Technology, Product and Services team is responsible for managing a best-of-breed technology ecosystem, gift processing, supporting department wide strategy and planning and stewarding donors with exceptional service.
Do you enjoy helping people? Are you passionate about the MSF mission? If so, you would be a great fit for this role. In this role, you’ll be engaging directly with our incredible donors on the phone and via email helping them with a variety of requests. Your work directly contributes to the donors’ experience of our organization and is critical to engendering deeper loyalty
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Answers prospective and current donor questions on the telephone and by e-mail regarding MSF activities and programs, contribution options and guidelines.
- Assists donors with donations, receipting and with issues that cannot be handled by MSF’s inbound call center.
- Regularly reviews and updates the donor database with relevant donor codes and notes.
- Provides administrative support for major gifts, foundations and corporations fundraising units.
- Provides input on the development of donor service communications materials including letters, email, and telephone scripts.
- Provides support for donor account data hygiene projects.
- Minimum two years’ administrative experience, preferably in a customer service and/or non-profit environment, plus B.A., or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Proven administrative skills including keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Strong computer literacy, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software, to search the internet for research purposes and to learn new Windows-based programs.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to NYC metro area (no relocation package provided).
- US work authorization
• Prior experience with Revolution Online, Raisers Edge, Salesforce or another donor database.
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.