Location: Based in Amman, Jordan, with frequent travel
Reporting Manager: Managing Director
Direct Reports: (Marketing) Intern
Start date: June 2021
Remuneration: Around 4,300 USD per month (including Cost of Living Allowance) depending on level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specializes in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. We implement programmes across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, using the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and the private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcomes or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved populations in the world.
MAGENTA has experience rapid growth since its inception and has a focus on growing sustainably whilst maintaining our values and ethics. MAGENTA strives to build a local, nuanced presence while being able to provide SBCC technical expertise across a range of markets in Asia, the Middle East and Africa. With this role, MAGENTA is seeking a passionate and motivated candidate to work hand-in-hand with the MD and the regional teams to support MAGENTA’s growth strategy from lead generation to strong programme design to effective partnership building.
We are looking for exceptional individuals, driven by a keen desire to deliver social impact and who thrive in a fast-paced environment. The position will be based in our Amman, Jordan headquarters, with regular travel to markets across MAGENTA’s three regions.
Responsibilities of the Growth Officer include:
Business Analysis and Lead Generation
· Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
· Identify new growth opportunities for MAGENTA
· Spearhead special growth projects for MAGENTA
· Design robust SBCC programmes, in coordination with technical and programme teams
· Identify relevant partners in MAGENTA’s regions and build dedicated teams
· Develop thorough budgets for proposals, with the support of programme and finance teams
· Drive the submission of proposals on a regular basis
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and partners, at the group level or in support of Regional Managers
Marketing & Thought Leadership
· Manage MAGENTA’s Marketing efforts, ensuring marketing collateral up to date, managing MAGENTA’s Marketing Intern
· Represent MAGENTA at conferences and events
· Conduct thought leadership activities such as blog articles and /or speaking engagements
· Conduct regular travel to markets to support Regional Teams on new business development
· Maintenance of MAGENTA Customer Relationship Management platform
· Production of regular regional and group levels analysis and reports
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
· Relevant degree from a top tier university;
· 5-6 years professional experience in the development sector, preferably with a focus on SBCC/communications for development or research;
· Strong expertise in partnership building and proposal processes;
· Outstanding communicator: verbal and written;
· Knowledge of and experience living in Asia, Middle East or Africa;
· Native English speaker, French a huge advantage;
· Familiarity with CRM software;
· Strong commercial acumen;
· Demonstrated experience successfully leading organisational growth;
· Willingness to work in developing/post-crisis settings;
· Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
· Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
· May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
How to apply
Apply before 13 Apr 2021. Applicants should submit a two-page CV and letter of motivation titling the email “Growth Officer” to email@example.com. The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the Magenta team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance Magenta’s work.