Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, USAID/Ethiopia Collaboration, Learning and Adapting Support Platform, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of providing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) services, as well as programming in institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries worldwide, including Ghana, Ethiopia, Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Ethiopia Collaboration, Learning and Adapting Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Platform contract, expected to be competed in the Spring of 20210. This anticipated project will serve as a follow-on to a current contract that supports the achievement of USAID/Ethiopia's Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its development objectives. The contract will support the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from rigorous monitoring and evaluation of its development activities; and with the strengthening of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Ethiopia. It will also enhance the institutional capacity of host country and local partners to improve the MEL capacity, their accountability and their use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This contract is expected to support a 5-year project scheduled to begin in the Fall of 2021.
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist will have primary responsibility for delivering the monitoring, evaluation and learning serviced and guiding the results of the USAID/Ethiopia MEL Contract. S/he will oversee evaluations, monitoring support for the USAID Mission and associated learning and adapting activities.
- Lead all MEL assignments conducted under the contract, to include: .
- Work with the client to refine scopes of work for MEL assignments such as evaluations and support for strengthening performance monitoring.
- Recruit and orient short-term consultants to conduct MEL assignments.
- Oversee the design of evaluations, including details of data collection protocols for surveys, focus groups and key informant interviews; ensure analysis and reporting comply with USAID and industry best practices.
- Ensure MEL assignments are completed in accordance with USAID policy as delineated in ADS 201.
- Troubleshoot assignments while they are underway and regularly liaise with USAID on progress.
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and technological sophistication of services related to improving the integrity and usefulness of USAID/Ethiopia's monitoring and reporting systems; and of evaluative services provided.
- Lead team efforts to deepen USAID/Ethiopia's learning capabilities and introduce improved avenues for programmatic learning and adaptation. May include implementation of a learning agenda for the Mission.
- Ensure integration of M&E data and evidence with learning and adaptive management efforts of USAID and its partners.
- Strengthen USAID/Ethiopia's efforts to draw contextual, programmatic and operational learning from its monitoring, evaluation, analytical and assessment efforts.
- Master's degree in a social science, development studies, economics or related field preferred.
- Eight (8) years of direct experience developing and managing evaluations, monitoring systems and/or conducting social science research.
- Significant experience conducting program evaluations, preferably as a team leader or principal investigator.
- Experience integrating USAID's CLA initiative into MEL programming preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience managing staff conducting monitoring and/or research efforts.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in statistics and computations analysis preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience living and working in developing country environments; experience working is Ethiopia or region strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Quality past performance references
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.