Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Policy and Regulatory Reform Specialist position on an anticipated USAID-funded project in Zambia.
The overall scope of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) project is to professionalize water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services, to promote accountability for reliable and high-quality WASH services, and to enhance the enabling environment for service delivery. All activities are predicated on enhanced sector governance, for this reason, the WASH-GIP activity will work with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) entities at the national, provincial, and local levels to ensure that the systems, policies, and processes are in place, implemented and enforced to ensure Zambians receive access to high-quality WASH services.
Position Description/Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, and in close coordination with other technical experts, the main focus of the Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Specialist will be to lead activities that result in increased financial sustainability and operational reliability of water and sanitation utilities/service providers. S/he will be responsible for improving the capacity of private supply chain actors to respond to demand for WASH service delivery, as well as be engaged in a wide variety of technical activities designed to expand and improve water service delivery. This is anticipated to be a five year role.
* Identify key market actors in the WASH service delivery value chain.
* Support organization capacity assessments of water and sanitation service providers to understand their technical, administrative, financial, and commercial capabilities.
* Lead tasks and collaborate with stakeholders to support public-private partnerships (PPP) and improve financial viability, business practices, customer care, and the enabling environment for WASH service providers.
* Lead development of capacity building and training plans, as well as trainings and workshops, to address key areas of weakness for WASH service providers and the private sector.
* Collaborate with the communications team to plan and develop awareness raising campaigns designed to engage with existing potential private water service providers and other actors within the value chain.
* Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in public administration, business administration, economics, water and sanitation, or a related field.
* Minimum seven (7) years of experience in business administration, private sector support, and essential service delivery in Zambia.
* Demonstrated experience in providing technical assistance, supporting public-private partnerships, capacity building, mentorship, and training in the participation of the private sector in WASH service provision and/or improving service reliability.
* Deep contextual understanding of rural and peri-urban WASH service delivery in Zambia.
* Ability to work independently and produce timely and high-quality results.
* Ability to live, work, and travel within Zambia.
* USAID experience preferred;
* English language fluency (oral and written) is required;
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
* Zambian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.