At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Global Human Resources (HR) - Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Global Human Resources team helps realize this objective by fostering a worldwide environment that inspires excellence where initiative, inventiveness, and professional development are encourages. We value innovation in our employees and believe it gives us a competitive advantage in this global marketplace. Our team focuses its resources and efforts on the lifecycle quality of employee activities with ongoing attention to: Employee engagement, professional development, rewards and recognition and organizational culture; Taking what might be complicated, distant, daunting and making it simple, understandable and workable; Finding ways to fulfill our intent for openness, transparency and accessibility of information, rather than control, restriction and containment; Ensuring cross-organizational collaboration, shared success and joint action.
The Specialist, Employee Relations, Training & Development is responsible for the management of the delivery, development, and coordination of domestic human resources services. The successful HRO, ERTD acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs from employees and communicates proactively with our HR department. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. S/he works closely with the HR team and supports all aspects of domestic HR including, development and implementation of policies, procedures, and advancement of training & development programs. Partners with the Chief Human Capital Officer (CHCO) on performance management and employee relations. The HRO, ERTD reports to the Manager, Global Human Resources.
· Works closely with employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Conducts interpersonal and team development activities.
· Conducts training across the organization on HR policies, New Manager Program, New Hire Orientation, and Performance Management Process.
· Serves as integral part of HR initiatives that occur on a regular or ad hoc basis such as job descriptions updates, changes to the performance review process, climate/culture surveys and others.
· Works closely with HR team on performance management, promotions, transfers, and workforce planning.
· Works closely with HR Manager on all human resource related matters including onboarding, termination, policies, performance management, and employee relations.
· Drives collaboration on the development of HR activities, policies, processes.
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
· Assists CHCO in conducting thorough and objective internal workplace investigations and recommends appropriate course of action/resolution.
· Develops, recommends, and implements HR related policies and procedures.
· Builds, maintains, and develops relationships with managers and employees to resolve HR related issues.
· Manages Pact’s performance management system, engaging staff world-wide, with train-the-trainer, webinars, articles, videos and updates intranet with all necessary forms and directions.
· Partners with the HR team in the development, revision and worldwide communication of organizational policies and procedures on training & development initiatives
· Partners with Talent Acquisition team to ensure that we attract and retain the right talent to successfully take Pact into the future.
· Drives Pact’s Reward and Recognition program with the HR team including the Pact annual awards, , and innovates new ways to reward and recognize global employees and keeping the program cutting edge.
· Leads and participates in organizational and departmental projects as needed.
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day. management of employee relations, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience (or equivalent) with 1+ years direct HR Generalist experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or related field
- Experience in HR focusing on communication, employee relations, designing and implementation of training programs.
- PHR, SPHR, GPHR certification or advanced degree in HR.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in at least one other language.
- Demonstrated sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Self-motivated, people oriented, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively both in groups as well as independently.
- Excellent customer service, with the ability to present information, make recommendations and influence positively across various levels of the organization while exercising professionalism and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated competence in employee relations, training & development, performance management and human resource practices and related laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage complex projects, prioritize multiple tasks with close attention to detail and accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Experience and fluency with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Confidential and possesses high integrity.
- Willingness to travel if needed.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click here to apply for this position.