The USAID- funded Leveraging Investments for Transformational Water and Sanitation Systems (LIFT) project in the Democratic Republic of Congo, implemented by Mercy Corps in coordination with Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) Specialist. This position will be based in the Mercy Corps office in either Goma or Bukavu.
The PPP Specialist will support activities that improve the ability of WASH sector governing entities to design, manage, and enforce market-based, public-private partnership contracts and procurement processes for the delivery of water services to communities in North and South Kivu. As a member of the Market Systems Delivery Team, the Specialist will interface with the Governance Team to identify and design types of market-based contract models for water service provision and support the development of governing entities’ ability to manage procurement of private water service providers. The Specialist will also ensure contract accountability mechanisms are well-understood, reasonable, and implementable. The Specialist will be responsible for the development of new contractual models with the Provincial government and Entités Territoriales Décentralisées (ETDs) and capacity building/training for both governing entities and water service providers.
* Support the organizational capacity assessment of governing entities for market-based contracting and procurement for water services delivery.
Support the development of a capacity building plans based on identified needs.
* Design capacity building workshops to address keys areas of weakness and build on areas of strength.
* Identify and evaluate various types of performance-based contract models for water service provision, and prepare term sheets of legal instruments (partnership agreements, contracts, etc.)
* Support the development and implementation of accountability and business continuity mechanisms for service providers.
* Develop procurement templates, standard operating procedures, and draft contracts.
* Pre-qualify contractors and evaluate tender packages.
* Supervising bid evaluation committees, ensuring committee members understand the evaluation process and the integrity of the competitive process, facilitating bidder debriefing, and exercises appropriate judgement and tact while ensuring to protect confidential information.
* Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the contract is awarded.
* Develop and implement accountability and business continuity mechanisms for service providers.
* Liaise with international/local STTA providing guidance on specific improvement business areas.
* Possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, Public Administration, or other relevant field; Master’s degree, preferred.
* Must have 10 years of relevant professional experience. Minimum of 5 years in equivalent position with market-based models (PPP) for public services provision operations experience for large donor-funded projects.
* Strong knowledge of DRC government’s laws including procurement regulations and policies.
* Experience with PPP frameworks required; experience in the WASH sector is a plus.
* Strong communication and analytical skills, with the ability to write well-structured technical reports and to design and implement new contracting models.
* Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).**
* Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
* Fluency in written and spoken French and/or Swahili is required; proficiency in English is preferred.
* Experience working in Democratic Republic of Congo ideally.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.