ATTENTION: Because of international travel restrictions you must be living in Ghana at the time of your application. Please see requirements before applying
Please send a resume in ENGLISH, which is the working language in Ghana.
Through its mission, Oxfam is committed to promoting the well-being of children, youth, women and men.
Oxfam has a policy of zero tolerance for any behaviour that contravenes its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption and fraud.
To achieve this, Oxfam will ensure that it recruits people who demonstrate the same values and expects everyone already working in the organization to share and embody this commitment.
Oxfam-Quebec is implementing its new volunteer cooperation program (VCP) entitled « Equality in Action » in close collaboration with Oxfam teams in the countries of intervention. This program will take place over a period of seven years (2020-2027) in thirteen countries and three regions.
The VCP aims to increase the performance of local partner organizations in developing countries in implementing inclusive, innovative and sustainable development initiatives that will advance gender equality in all 13 countries. The knowledge, capacity and expertise of qualified Canadian volunteers will be leveraged through short and long-term assignments with local partner organizations.
Oxfam-Quebec is seeking to fill mandates that will support Oxfam teams in the 13 countries of intervention in order to contribute to the development of the program’s implementation plan and annual work plan. Volunteers will also work closely with partner organizations to establish the program’s baseline and define our partnership approach.
In close collaboration with the People and Culture Manager and Safeguarding working group, the volunteer will work strongly with partners organizations and will be able to focus on their programmes that will ensure improved economic and/or social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized and most vulnerable people, particularly women and girls, in Ghana.
Specifically, the volunteer will:
• Support partners to develop safe programming and safeguarding strategies on plans to ensure programmes are well mitigated against risk of sextual exploitation and abuse and protection of children and adults at risk;
• Through training support and facilitating peer to pear learning, build capacity of partners to deliver more inclusive, innovative initiatives that advance gender equality;
• Support partners organizations to have a more increased opportunities for funding and influencing by supporting them to develop context specific policy based on the six ISAC principles (core principles related to sexual exploitation and abuse);
• Work collaboratively with the Oxfam safeguarding working group and partners to embark on a campaign on education and awareness of the risk of Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) in the development sector that is Increased influencing opportunities for youth leaders and allies in Ghana and Canada (SEA: sexual exploitation & abuse);
• Ensure effective coordination and information flows on matter of safeguarding with between Oxfam and its partners through research that helps to support the Equality in Action agenda;
• Monitor regularly complaints through the established reporting mechanism and provide reporting to partners and Oxfam;
• Other related duties that may be assigned in support of work on safeguarding work in general and build the capacity of the volunteer in the subject of gender-based violence, prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the region;
• To share and embody Oxfam’s commitment to a zero-tolerance policy against behaviour that violates the code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse; intimidation.
- Be domiciled in Ghana and have:
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status in Canada
- or citizenship of a West African country other than the country where the person is domiciled.
- University degree in Feminist studies, Social sciences, Humanities & project Management
- At least a years of experience required with passion for matter of PSEA
- Experience in research and knowledge of how to find new sources of funding for advocacy work
- Proficiency in the language of the country of assignment spoken and written
French Language is an asset
Experience in training and workshop facilitation.
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Collaborative platforms
Commitment to Oxfam’s mission and values, including the promotion of equality between women and men.
- Monthly allowance: amount based on the cost of living in the country of assignment.
- Housing allowance
- Access to diverse trainings
- Volunteer Support Program
- Return airfare to Canada if applicable
- Travel insurance, life and disability insurance
How to apply
If this position is of interest to you, please send your application (CV and letter of interest) specifying the mandate/country for which you are applying in addition to your nationality by e-mail to:
Oxfam-Québec subscribes to the principle of employment equity. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected will be contacted.