Miyamoto International (“Miyamoto”) is in business to make the world a better, safer place. Miyamoto is a global multi-hazard engineering and disaster risk reduction firm that provides resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world. We work with governments, international development banks, UN agencies, NGOs and other partners in the international development and humanitarian assistance sector to help communities build resilience to natural disasters.
We are currently seeking a Transport Specialist for an anticipated disaster risk reduction project, USAID Support to the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) Program in India. This is a 5-year-long program. The position is contingent upon Miyamoto International being selected for an award. This position is subject to and contingent upon USAID approval of candidates put forth for consideration by Miyamoto International.
ONLY APPLICANTS BASED IN NEW DELHI, INDIA (OR SURROUNDING AREAS) WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Anchor and support the development and implementation of studies and project activities for resilience in the Transport sector aligned to CDRI's vision, goals and workplans.
- Lead efforts related to the Transport Sector Resilience, including promoting the need for transport resilience with member countries and sectoral departments/agencies, knowledge institutions and technical institutions involved in infrastructure design, screening of investment portfolio to determine entry points and address gaps, advising and assisting member countries on technical design of investments/DPR preparation/Operation process.
- Support the CDRI in preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ongoing and proposed new projects in the sector.
- Provide technical and strategic assistance to CDRI in project implementation including reviewing and producing analytical documents, conducting sector and project-related desk review, providing technical advice in terms of implementation support.
- Develop strategy with the relevant stakeholders to engage with them for effective implementation of the projects relevant to CDRI’s goals and work plan.
- Coordinate research and analytical work, dissemination related to CDRIs knowledge initiative.
- Promote knowledge management, document best practices and lessons learned from project implementation, and facilitate effective dissemination in appropriate format to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide cross-support to other Principal/Lead Specialists to streamline the delivery of outputs and maximize coherence of outcomes of all projects within CDRI.
- Participate in professional development and knowledge sharing activities in the transport sector and take a role in contributing specific knowledge both within the member countries and within CDRI.
- Work across the responsibilities described above, and in particular assuring that best practices and latest approaches on infrastructure resilience are incorporated in each study/project, and that lessons learned from the outcomes are captured, and widely disseminated to the global community.
- Support the CDRI administration towards operation and financial reporting of sectoral projects and research program, donor relations and member country relations.
- Build and maintain relationships with CDRI members and donor organizations to ensure their support to CDRI's activities in the transport sector in different countries.
- Keep abreast of key developments in transport and related sectors, relevant to the area of specialization as well as in cross-cutting issues affecting the performance of the transport sector, such as disasters, environment, resilience to extreme events, climate change, etc.
- Develop linkages with national and international organizations, research and consulting agencies, and institutions likely to collaborate with or implement CDRI projects and working on transport and related sectors.
- Develop a system for onboarding and engaging of sectoral experts to ensure their support through the project life cycle.
- Coordinate closely with government agencies, development partners, private sector, insurance companies and other relevant stakeholders concerning disaster resilient transport infrastructure and maintain up-to-date information on their activities and programs.
- Attend and document meetings or consultations with external stakeholders, as required.
Post-Graduate qualification in transport engineering (roads, rails, ports, air), transportation planning, project management, urban development, or a related field.
Qualifications under disaster risk management will have an added advantage.
Minimum 10 years of overall experience with at least 4 years of leadership experience at the national or international level in management of transport infrastructure projects with a focus on any two of the following areas (i) highway/roads engineering and transport planning, design and operations; (ii) airports, (iii) rail transport; (iv) urban transport. Practical experience in planning and programming, project implementation arrangements, tendering and contract management, institutional reforms, sectoral issues (including policy reforms, management, financing, etc.).
Specific experience in projects for disaster risk reduction will be an asset.
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following documents by Tuesday, September 21, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter, emphasizing your relevant qualifications for this position.
Please also indicate Transport Specialist - DRR in the subject line.