Advocates Abroad is currently accepting applications for the position of Finance Advisor. The Finance Advisor is responsible for preparing, supporting and managing the financial support for a large team of field based and remote volunteers. The Finance Advisor also provides administrative support, through maintaining financial records and summaries, handling payments to volunteers, and maintaining volunteer files and information.
The position may be done remotely or in Greece. The position requires at least 10 hours per week for a minimum period of six (6) months, with the possibility of extension. The position includes training for NGO specific tasks.
• Provide logistical and administrative financial support for volunteers.
• Manage and supervise volunteer team finances in the field and remotely.
• Maintain and create financial records and summaries for NGO accounting needs.
• Provide accounting and finances information to NGO tax accountants, and handle payments and reimbursements to volunteers.
• Completed or enrolled in a Graduate degree; law or finance preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to working with refugees and asylum- seekers.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team and external partners.
• Prior experiences with Greek refugee camps and volunteer networks are preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
• Mature judgment, strong sense of integrity, and initiative.
• Excellent communication, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Tech savvy, ability to use and learn multiple technology platforms.
• Fluent in English.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and C.V. to email@example.com with subject title “Finance Advisor Application.” Please note that this position is unpaid.