Position: Programmes and MEAL Officer Cadus e.V. regional office KR-Iraq
Scope: full time
Fixed-term: until 31st of December 2021
Start: next possible date
Application deadline: 15.03.2021
Place: Erbil, KR-Iraq with field visits to North East Syria, occasional visits at HQ, Berlin Germany
CADUS e.V. (CADUS) is a non-profit and independent aid organization based in Berlin with a sub-branch in Erbil, KR-Iraq. Our work is primarily concerned with providing medical support to people in crisis situations. These can range from sudden onset disasters to protracted and complex slow-onset emergencies. We aim to enable transformation of knowledge and technology. Together with local communities, we want to develop new and innovative projects that are both adapted to local conditions and actively shaped by recipients of humanitarian aid. Trough interdisciplinarity, organizations and individuals should gain the opportunity to develop innovative humanitarian solutions via active participation in humanitarian work.
Context of the position
Programmes and MEAL Officer of Cadus e.V. Regional Office in KR-Iraq includes the responsibility of developing and strengthening Cadus e.V. Mission within KR-Iraq and MEAL strategy for our activities in North East Syria. The work location will be in Erbil, KR-Iraq with occasional field visits to North East Syria.
The position comes with high individual responsibility and demands structural development skills. CADUS e.V. is a relatively small and young humanitarian organization. Hence, the programmes and MEAL Manager should have joy in building structures, bringing in new ideas and taking a share in developing the organization’s strategy and structures. Close cooperation with HQ and field staff on an eye level as well as inclusive approaches with the local community should be the basis.
Scope of work
Programme development and management
- Develop program Strategy and design for CADUS Mission in KR-Iraq.
- Establish and maintain liaison with project partners, UN agencies, government officials, other programme stakeholders, and relevant counterparts.
- Lead and provide advice to a multi-disciplinary team on the development and implementation of CADUS strategy.
- Exercise administrative, operational and financial management responsibility for assessments, planning, budgeting, coordination, implementation on CADUS operations in KR-Iraq.
- Implements financial and administrative procedures in accordance with defined policies, guidelines and standards and in consultation with HQ.
- Attends relevant cluster meetings.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Develop and adjust CADUS MEAL Guidelines across all related MEAL activities in coordination with field and HQ level.
- In coordination with the Project coordination, Regional Management and MEAL field Focal Point implement a reliable participatory MEAL framework for CADUS Missions in KR-Iraq and North East Syria to ensure quality.
- Ensure that monitoring data is collected routinely throughout the project cycle enabling evidence-based programming and corrective action. Develop data-gathering plans and analysis and reporting flow. Oversee the collection and timely reporting of data and statistics.
- Conduct regular site visits or when required to monitor service provision and ensure data quality.
- Assess the quality of collected data for the indicators and ensure that data pitfalls and issues are mitigated.
- Develop and use different qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection.
- Interpret statistical data for use in decision-making and synthesize quantitative and qualitative information for write-up/reports and decision making.
- Establish basic learning systems that incorporate program studies’ findings, lessons learned, achievements and gaps, and develop all the tools required to support learning practices.
- Supporting dedicated gender, protection, and conflict sensitivity analyses as may be required by programs.
- Integrating the collection of information related to demographic vulnerabilities and contextual risks (gender, age, disability, etc) into all MEAL exercises to provide an evidence base.
- Following up with program teams to utilize findings and strengthen activities in line with gender, protection and conflict sensitive approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of applied experience with a humanitarian organization in designing, implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation tasks in relevant sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and operational planning in conflict context and very complex international setting.
- Demonstrated experience in program design (including proposal development), implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in humanitarian context is an asset.
- Experience in working with key donors landscape in the humanitarian field.
- Experience in working with partner organizations in humanitarian settings.
- Able to identify gaps in staff knowledge of MEAL concepts and skills and provide training in these topics.
- Ability to write full narrative reports (needs assessments, internal reviews, progress reports) and executive summaries.
- Demonstrated understanding of data protection and confidentiality as part of data collection and management practices and the ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Extensive conceptual skills including development of viable program strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage across multi-functional units.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, patience and diplomacy.
How to apply
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
1 Page Motivation letter
CV in PDF-format (google-links will not be accepted). The CV must contain:
Personal Data: name, residence, phone number, email
Position you are applying for: Programmes and MEAL Officer (m/f/*)
Professional experience; Duration of employment, organization/companie, position and key responsibilities
Trainings: Duration of training, what kind of training, organization/company conducted the training
Education: name of University/instituate/collage, level of diploma, study course and graduate year
Additional skills: language skills and additional skills you would like to mention
References: at least two contact persons incl. name, position, organization/company, phone number, email