Program Officer - Basic Education (Nationals Only)
The post is responsible for ensuring quality programming of interventions in Basic Education.
Qualifications and Experience
- College degree in education and/or other related social science courses.
- Familiarity with basic education program and related frameworks, principles and concepts is a major advantage
- Demonstrated competencies in two or more of the following: establishing and maintaining partner relationships with local government units, private enterprises, people's organizations, community groups, academic institutions, professional groups; community mobilization at the city/municipality or province or groups of cities/municipalities and provinces; program delivery and partnering preferably in the context of the assigned areas; child-centered and child rights-based initiatives and processes; and, work on programs and initiatives for children e.g. health, nutrition, education, child rights governance, child protection, food security and livelihoods, and humanitarian / emergency response.
- Three years-experience on program or project management with an INGO and familiar with child rights-based programming
- Direct experience in all phases of program cycle: situational analysis, design and planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation including accountability and lessons learned.
- Familiarity to the thrusts, structures, policies, guidelines, programs and services of the Department of Education (DepEd)
- Familiarity with the Department of Education, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Agriculture, Department of Interior and Local Government, Council for the Welfare of Children and ECCD Council and their linkages with education
- Familiar to donor and funding and reporting procedures.
- Proven experience in developing and managing community/development programs and projects.
- Proven experience in conducting capacity building activities e.g., trainings and being a trained trainer is an advantage
- Partnering with LGUs at different levels, CSOs and other key stakeholders will be an advantage.
- Excellent human relations and supervisory knowledge and skills
- Well-developed communication skills, both in written and verbal forms in order to establish effective relationships with a wide range of audiences, including at a geographical distance
- Ability to think, decide and act fast
- High flexibility and maturity
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Can tolerate working under ambiguous circumstances and sometimes difficult situations
- Understands and believes in Save the Children's mission and vision; commits to its objectives and willing to adopt Save the Children's methodology and framework.
Contract length: Fixed term position until December 31, 2021 based in General Santos City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zNjY0Ni4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb...